Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 - there are lots of configuration options in this EliteDesk series - very nice.
@Carstimann - the eGPU sounds like a fun enhancement.

After I add 2 M.2 NVME 512gb SSDs and a 2TB SATA HD for TimeMachine/Storage, I will have $650 USD in this rig with a 9th-gen i7-9700. I think that's still a good deal. The EliteDesk Minis are too expensive when purchased brand new (my opinion). If the trade-off is a new EliteDesk 800 G vs. a real MacMini 2020 with M1 chip, I think the real MacMini is the better value.

Have you folks given up on Wifi/BT? or do you have that working via an alternative card. I really don't want to use one of my M.2 slots for one of these babies (I have a 128GB NvMe stick laying around that would make a small but useful TimeMachine drive!) :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083YXS7VF/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Have you folks given up on Wifi/BT? or do you have that working via an alternative card.
If your G4 Mini has the stock Intel Wi-Fi, @turk101 reports this.

More details here. Read all of the Known Issues (Big Sur AND Catalina) for this and other issues and their solutions.

Attachments

• m.2.png
    m.2.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 41
My OC0.6.6 EFI is still using FakeSMC. It works fine and supports the old HWMonitor that I have used forever. I'd like to investigate VirtualSMC, but I don't know what sensor kexts and monitor app to use. If you are using VirtualSMC with your EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini, would you mind posting the required sensor kexts, the monitor app and screenshot(s) showing the monitor display? Thanks!

is what i am using...so far working flawless...but as always ....use at own risk...been using for several days...no problems...
.well seems like bluetooth part not working now...wireless working great...need more research on the bluetooth..

I posted earlier in this thread. The easiest and cheapest way to get full wifi/BT working is to use a native apple airport card (BCM94360CS2) with an adapter:

Total of ~$20

No need for any kext or configuration of anything. It's all native and everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back