Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zzmadd and @rafale77 - have you tried refreshing the VideoProc.app hardware detection by clicking the refresh button circled below?

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 6.06.29 PM.png

Yes I have
Ok - I tried to open your IORegistryExplorer dump, but received an error indicating that it's corrupted. Not using IORegExp 2.1?

EDIT: @rafale77 - I added a note to the beginning of this post. Prior to the BIOS update, was VideoProc.app reporting HEVC as "available?"

Last edited:
@zzmadd I still see multiple potential issues with your config. Do you have a separate thread dedicated to patching your rig? If you don't have a dedicated thread (or someone else's thread that matches your system), I would suggest creating one and sharing the link with us. In that thread, I would like to see your unpatched DSDT. Follow Rehabman's (RM's) instructions for extracting your ACPI if you don't remember how and then post your unpatched DSDT (in that thread). I have a feeling that at least one of your patches (SSDTs) is not compatible with your ACPI. It would be better to discuss your system there (separate from these HEVC/H.265 issues) since your system is different from the one discussed here. Please continue to discuss and contribute to the HEVC discussion here, though. Don't share anything with me via PM - apparently that gets both of us SUSPENDED.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 10.21.44 PM.png

Huh... I was certain to have downgraded ioreg before. It must have gotten upgraded at some point somehow. Here you go and... yeah it was the same before the BIOS update.

Attachments

• MyMini 2.zip
    910.5 KB · Views: 62
yeah it was the same before the BIOS update.
ok - so you have never observed HEVC encoding as "available." Interesting. I compared the IntelAccelerator registry settings from our IORegistryExplorer dumps and believe they are identical. It might be a good idea for you to compare, too, just in case I'm missing something. If they are identical, this is going to be a tricky problem to solve.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 8.07.44 AM.png

I just tried playing around with spoofing the device-id for the GPU but had no success. Luckily I don’t make much use of the HEVC functionality. There seems to also be no correlation with the CPU being 8th or 9th generation...

Just to say that have just installed BS 11.2 using your 0.6.6 OC EFI, seems to be working very well on my new to me HP 800 G4 i7 8700 Mini.

I'm almost a complete newb having only built two hacks previously (HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF & USDT) both running Catalina and I used Uni and Multibeast for install, all working apart from USBs - needs a map.

My question concerns audio out using DP and playing through my monitor. At the moment I can only choose between internal speaker or line out. How can I get sound through my monitor (Dell 25 Ultrasharp)? The Mini came with Win 10 installed and was able to output sound through the monitor.

Had some problems with installing BS initially. My mini came with a propriety HP 256Gb Samsung NVMe drive, just wouldn't format or load onto the drive. I then used a sata drive which loaded BS OK but kept on getting KPs (linked to NVMe driver issues) until I removed the Samsung.

BS now working fine on my Sabrent Rocket NVMe.

Would be very grateful with any help with getting sound out on the DP and also to suggest a wifi/Btooth card that's natively supported that I can use instead of the OEM Intel one.

Would be very grateful with any help with getting sound out on the DP and also to suggest a wifi/Btooth card that's natively supported that I can use instead of the OEM Intel one.
Glad this guide is helping you. Please post your EFI with any requests for help as noted in Post #1. Based on the issues you reported, I believe you will find your answers by reviewing Known Issues. If the Known Issues don't resolve your problems, post an update with your EFI.

@henryrym - one other thing, if you don't resolve the issues, please include your specific video port / connector configuration (e.g. 1 DP out from PC to DP input on display) and make sure you indicate whether you are using any adapters (e.g. DP -> HDMI).

@zzmadd I still see multiple potential issues with your config. Do you have a separate thread dedicated to patching your rig? If you don't have a dedicated thread (or someone else's thread that matches your system), I would suggest creating one and sharing the link with us. In that thread, I would like to see your unpatched DSDT. Follow Rehabman's (RM's) instructions for extracting your ACPI if you don't remember how and then post your unpatched DSDT (in that thread). I have a feeling that at least one of your patches (SSDTs) is not compatible with your ACPI. It would be better to discuss your system there (separate from these HEVC/H.265 issues) since your system is different from the one discussed here. Please continue to discuss and contribute to the HEVC discussion here, though. Don't share anything with me via PM - apparently that gets both of us SUSPENDED.

View attachment 507714
I remember in clover you could press some F4 key to get a dump. Is that what you mean?
So run some unpatched Clover then press F4 and that's it?

Edit @deeveedee
I've created a NEW THREAD under Big Sur Desktop Support
I've added the IOReg profile, the DSDT Clover drop, the OpenCore 066 Configuration, and the VideoProc image showing missing H265 hardware acceleration.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back