Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: @fontanero - you previously mentioned here that you were experiencing RTC issues. I haven't seen RTC issues on my G4 Mini since I added RTCMemoryFixup.kext with rtcfx_exclude=B0-B3,B7. Are you still observing RTC issues?

EDIT2: @fontanero - I have a couple of questions about your config.plist (as I'm learning, too):
  • Why did you change PlatformInfo>Generic>ProcessorType to 1801 (instead of keeping it at 0)?
  • What is PlatformInfo>PlatformNVRAM? Is that for a version of OC other than 0.6.5?
First of all, I apologize for my poor level of English, I will do my best to make it understood.

PlatformInfo>Generic>ProcessorType to 1801 is only a remainder of a test on another pc that was left without deleting 0.

PlatformInfo>PlatformNVRAM this is really more of a cosmetic issue, when using OpenConfigurator (making sure you don't have any errors) add more parameters to customize the platform and OpenCore suport it.

Whenever a new version of OpenConfigurator is released, I check that it works correctly and I find it more comfortable to work with it than with ProperTree (which is always by my side).

As for the RTC error, sometimes when I reboot it appears, but not always and I have already indicated that it is not annoying for me, but if one day it can be fixed, so much the better for everybody.

Best regards

here it is.
I saw that you're using WhateverGreen 1.4.7. I haven't been testing any "unofficial" Acidanthera kexts, so I can't comment on any behavior you might observe with Alpha or Beta releases.

I do have a few comments:
  • I learned from @viorel78 that DRM does not work on hacks with UHD630. See Acidanthera's DRM compatibility chart. Currently, only discrete GPU supports DRM. Looks like a hard problem to solve - not sure when WhateverGreen will fix this.
  • My observation about PluginType=Zero was only meant to be of interest and not intended to recommend a default mode of operation. PluginType=One should remain your baseline. I only stumbled upon this discovery, because CLOVER r5127 broke PluginType. When testing this, I did experience a catastrophic failure as I warned here, but I don't know about the keystore errors and didn't test further.
  • With the USBPorts.kext provided here (which includes the three logical ports HS10, SS03 and SS04 mapped to the single physical USB-C port), you'll only observe active SS03 and SS04 connectors when you insert USB3 devices into the physical USB-C port. If you insert USB2 devices in any orientation into the USB-C port, the connector name will always be HS10.
  • You will see the Power Management error when you plug a "high-current" device into the left front USB port. Use the right front USB port for charging "high_current" devices. See my observations here.
  • I understand your intent with SSDT-OC-XOSI.aml, but you need to look more closely at the G4 Mini's extracted DSDT. Search your DSDT for _OSI and you will find that there are two different Windows 10 versions that result in conditional execution branches:
    • If (_OSI ("Windows 2017")) { Store (0x0C, GOSI) }
    • If (_OSI ("Windows 2015")) { Store (0x07DF, OSYS) }
You can ignore If (_OSI ("Processor Aggregator Device")). See my full discussion here. Since the G4 Mini DSDT has conditional execution branches that differ for these two versions of Windows 10, your XOSI must includes at least these two versions. Any Windows 10 versions newer than Windows 2017 in XOSI won't change execution behavior of the DSDT. I edited my SSDT-XOSI to be conditional on _OSI("Darwin") - I haven't tested it, so try the attached SSDT-OC-XOSI it and let me know what you find.​

Attachments

• SSDT-OC-XOSI.zip
    713 bytes · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hi, is this correct? just to know if I have something wrong or is this the way it is with our hardware.
Thanks

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-01-27 a las 14.16.32.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-01-27 a las 14.16.32.png
    290.2 KB · Views: 69
Hi, is this correct? just to know if I have something wrong or is this the way it is with our hardware.
Thanks
Interesting. See my post here. H265/HEVC is enabled on my system with Catalina and Big Sur. I did not figure out why this might not be enabled.

@fontanero - Can you please post your latest EFI and your IORegistryExplorer dump (captured with IORegistryExplorer 2.1)? Thanks.

@fontanero can you update your profile so that your current system description is accurate? I know you have an HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini, but what CPU do you have?

Last edited:
Hello,

now i use the Kexts from your last release with the same WEG DRM result Sidecar working, H265/HEVC is enabled.
So we still have to wait for a WEG change?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#DRM
https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/586
Do we need the HECI Device?

The Power Management error "high-current" appears on any USB 3 Connector (Backside too / USBPort without USB HS14)
Switching between USB 2/3 works with USB 3 but the USB C Connector won't (always 480 Mbps and no switching between HS10 and SS03/SS04)
I will try another USB C Device to check. Now i have a external USB HDD (10 Gbps on USB 3).
Do your iPhone/iPad switch too?

MacAISL output of your XOSI OC, could you please check the result?

Name (GOSI, 0xFF)
Method (GTOS, 0, Serialized)
{
If (LEqual (GOSI, 0xFF))
{
Store (Zero, GOSI)
If (CondRefOf (\XOSI))
{
If (XOSI ("Linux"))
{
Store (One, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2001"))
{
Store (0x04, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2001 SP1"))
{
Store (0x04, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2001 SP2"))
{
Store (0x05, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2006"))
{
Store (0x06, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2009"))
{
Store (0x07, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2012"))
{
Store (0x08, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2013"))
{
Store (0x09, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2015"))
{
Store (0x0A, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2016"))
{
Store (0x0B, GOSI)
}

If (XOSI ("Windows 2017"))
{
Store (0x0C, GOSI)
}
}

Store (GOSI, OSIF)
}

Return (GOSI)
}

Could you tell us what is the difference between rtcfx_exclude=B0-B4 and rtcfx_exclude=B0-B3,B7 ?
Both solves the Post Error for me.

If I select Platforminfo/Quirks UpdateSMBIOSMode=Custom or Kernel/Quirks CustomSMBIOSGuid=YES i lose my USB Devices.
I want to use these Settings for Multiboot.
Installed WIN with CMD and add an extra WIN EFI, MSR and WIN Partition and works fine with Bootcamp Driver without Drivers install.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...configure-uefigpt-based-hard-drive-partitions

Big thanks as always!

Last edited:
Hello,

now i use the Kexts from your last release with the same WEG DRM result Sidecar working, H265/HEVC is enabled.
So we still have to wait for a WEG change?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#DRM
https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/586
Do we need the HECI Device?
We have to wait for WEG or another DRM solution.
@Carstimann - are you saying that you have an EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini with an i5 CPU and that H265/HEVC is enabled when running Big Sur?

The Power Management error "high-current" appears on any USB 3 Connector (Backside too / USBPort without USB HS14)
Switching between USB 2/3 works with USB 3 but the USB C Connector won't (always 480 Mbps and no switching between HS10 and SS03/SS04)
I will try another USB C Device to check. Now i have a external USB HDD (10 Gbps on USB 3).
Do your iPhone/iPad switch too?
My iPad and iPhone 7 work without error on the right-front USB 3 port. Why do you expect switching between USB2/3? What do you mean by "do your iPHone/iPad switch too?"

MacAISL output of your XOSI OC, could you please check the result?
What do you want me to check that you can't check?

Could you tell us what is the difference between rtcfx_exclude=B0-B4 and rtcfx_exclude=B0-B3,B7 ?
Both solves the Post Error for me.
They are different rtcfx_exclude ranges. Read here and here to learn about RTCMemoryFixup.kext. I determined rtcfx_exclude range B0-B3,B7 from my EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini, because I had a hard time reproducing the RTC error on my G4 Mini. I'm not surprised that rtcfx_exclude range B0-B4 works on G4. Based on my observations of other user builds, the G3 Mini had RTC issues that required RTCMemoryFixup.kext, G4 Mini rarely has RTC issues and seems to operate fine without RTCMemoryFixup.kext and only occasional RTC issues, and G5 has no RTC issues that need to be fixed.

If I select Platforminfo/Quirks UpdateSMBIOSMode=Custom or Kernel/Quirks CustomSMBIOSGuid=YES i lose my USB Devices.
I want to use these Settings for Multiboot.
Installed WIN with CMD and add an extra WIN EFI, MSR and WIN Partition and works fine with Bootcamp Driver without Drivers install.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...configure-uefigpt-based-hard-drive-partitions
I am not multi-booting with OC. When I want to boot Windows, I press F9 at startup and select my Windows disk. I think I noticed that you are running with OC 0.6.6. This had reported multi-boot issues (and is not yet officially released). I suggest that you visit OpenCore discussion threads so that you can help diagnose problems with Alpha and Beta releases of OC.
Big thanks as always!
You are welcome. Glad this thread is helpful for you!

@deeveedee
can you please upload your efi for the G3? I have a G4 it works perfectly and a G3 but with clover 5098

@deeveedee
can you please upload your efi for the G3? I have a G4 it works perfectly and a G3 but with clover 5098
I didn't get wake to work properly on my G3 Mini, so I turned it into a small Windows Server (not running macOS). You have enough information in this Big Sur thread and the Catalina thread to complete your own G3 Mini patching. Let me know if you get your G3 Mini to wake properly from sleep.

Just an update...11.2 upgrade worked awesome....no problems...everything just works....Thanks Deeveedee for all you do!! Also there is a beta release out for the intel wireless 1.30....use at your own risk....i tried it and my speed went from 100/19....to 240/50...so far no problems..

Asking for some volunteers to help determine the cause of H.265/HEVC "encoding not available" on the EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (and similar systems) when running Big Sur. If you'd like to help, please do the following and report results in this thread as requested below:
  1. Make sure you are running Big Sur (any version)
  2. Install and run free version of VideoProc.app (click here for download)
  3. Open VideoProc.app and navigate to Setting>Common>Options
  4. Allow VideoProc.app to detect your hardware
  5. Post the following:
    1. A summary description of your system with the exact CPU model (e.g. i7-8700 and not just Hexacore i7), total RAM (e.g. 32GB) and RAM configuration (e.g. 2 x 16GB), Physical Video Connectors (e.g. 3 x DP -> DigitalDVI -or- 3 x DP)
    2. A screen shot showing the full "Hardware Info Detected" screen as shown below. The screen should show your Processor, Graphics and OS Version and the detection results of both H264 and HEVC.
    3. A freshly captured IORegistryExplorer 2.1 dump (I will update my attached IORegistryExplorer 2.1 dump when I'm running Big Sur again (currently running Catalina).

My EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini summary description:
  • CPU: i7-8700
  • RAM: 32 GB (2 x 16GB)
  • Physical Video Connectors: 3 x DP -> DigitalDVI (My displays are DVI so I use DP->DVI adapters)
EDIT: I have updated the attached screenshot and IORegistryExplorer dump with those collected while running BigSur 11.2.
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.55.17 AM.png

Attachments

• Deeveedee-Hackmini81-BS11-2.zip
    596.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back