Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lydahai please create a new thread for your EliteDesk 800 G5 / RX560. State your problem in the first post of the thread and reference this thread for history.

You may be on to something about specifying the port. See this post. I never figured out how to implement the suggested fix in OpenCore and can only make the patch work in CLOVER.

Ok - I'm willing to continue helping if you're willing to keep trying. Can you post your latest EFI for iMac19,1?
@lydahai please create a new thread for your EliteDesk 800 G5 / RX560. State your problem in the first post of the thread and reference this thread for history.

You may be on to something about specifying the port. See this post. I never figured out how to implement the suggested fix in OpenCore and can only make the patch work in CLOVER.
I have removed all the parameters related to the startup of the graphics card, which is still the same as before. I will send my EFI to you for a look and study together.

Attachments

• imac19.1 rx560 G5.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 67
I have removed all the parameters related to the startup of the graphics card, which is still the same as before. I will send my EFI to you for a look and study together.
Please create a new thread (a topic separate from this HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini thread) for your G5/RX560. Post the link to your new thread in this thread and I will respond there. Thank you.

Please create a new thread (a topic separate from this HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini thread) for your G5/RX560. Post the link to your new thread in this thread and I will respond there. Thank you.
For new discussions, please click:

Updating to 11.1... underway. Expect it to take some time.

Updating to 11.1... underway. Expect it to take some time.
Are you seeing any RTC issues when the installer reboots (as I did here)? If so, I think we need RTCMemoryFixup.kext / custom rtcfx-exclude.

Nope, did not see any RTC issues. Went as smooth as butter maybe with the exception of the confusion when picking the right partition for OC to boot from during the installation as it is no longer labeled the same way as it used to with the "update" or upgrade in the name.

One strange thing I noticed after the update. It seems like at each boot, macos 11.1 wants to reset the <SystemAudioVolumeDB> value in the nvram to 0 which essentially disables the OC boot chime. I have no idea why.
In case you did not know 0.6.4 enabled control of the boot chime from the macos settings audio option like a real mac using the nvram entry <StartupMute>. That part works but now I don't know what part of the update is resetting the volume value to 00.

I am editing my config.plist to lock this value...

One strange thing I noticed after the update. It seems like at each boot, macos 11.1 wants to reset the <SystemAudioVolumeDB> value in the nvram to 0 which essentially disables the OC boot chime. I have no idea why.
In case you did not know 0.6.4 enabled control of the boot chime from the macos settings audio option like a real mac using the nvram entry <StartupMute>. That part works but now I don't know what part of the update is resetting the volume value to 00.

I am editing my config.plist to lock this value...
Is this related?

Is this related?
Thanks for posting this. It could be but I am not sure. It is a different variable <SystemAudioVolumeDB> Vs <SystemAudioVolume> getting reset and it is new to 11.1. I had no such problems with 11.0.1. It is definitely reset by the OS when it boots and I am overriding it now with the config.plist entry.

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 11.24.57.png

And it works.

After reboot you can see that it is reset again so OC just sets it at every boot.

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 11.26.48.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back