Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

first of all thank you @deeveedee for your work! I'm trying to install big sur on a EliteDesk 800G5 (non-mini). I used OC 0.6.3 and replaced the respective files with the ones you uploaded and plugged in my serial number etc. in the config.plist. I am able to get to around 60% of the installer but then the computer reboots before the installation is finished leaving a non-bootable hard drive.

The last lines in the logs are
28:118 00:614 OCI4: Matching override E8ED2C45 with E8ED2C45 - success
28:164 00:045 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D535463 Size 1
28:192 00:027 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D534163 Size 2

Anyone has an idea how I can deal with this?

Best regards

Attachments

• opencore-2017-01-02-170403.txt
    256 KB · Views: 70
Hi everyone,

first of all thank you @deeveedee for your work! I'm trying to install big sur on a EliteDesk 800G5 (non-mini). I used OC 0.6.3 and replaced the respective files with the ones you uploaded and plugged in my serial number etc. in the config.plist. I am able to get to around 60% of the installer but then the computer reboots before the installation is finished leaving a non-bootable hard drive.

The last lines in the logs are

Anyone has an idea how I can deal with this?

Best regards
It looks like the EliteDesk 800 G5 Small Formfactor has the same Q370 chipset. Assuming your BIOS version and settings match those specified here, we'd need your EFI to help. Please post your EFI after you sanitize your config.plist by removing the MLB, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID.

While we're looking at your EFI and since we don't know whether your USB port mapping is the same as the mini, try disabling USBPorts.kext (in your config.plist) and setting Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit = True.

Last edited:
It looks like the EliteDesk 800 G5 Small Formfactor has the same Q370 chipset. Assuming your BIOS version and settings match those specified here, we'd need your EFI to help. Please post your EFI after you sanitize your config.plist by removing the MLB, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID.

While we're looking at your EFI and since we don't know whether your USB port mapping is the same as the mini, try disabling USBPorts.kext (in your config.plist) and setting Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit = 1.
Thanks for the reply! I configured BIOS as to the settings in the PDF you linked on page 1. I appended my EFI.

I tried disabling USBports.kext under Kernel>Add>Item 1>Enabled and setting Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit = 1, but that resulted in the "ban sign" screen saying "support.apple.com/mac/startup" before I even get to the installer menu.

Edit: Just for clarification, I'm on the 800G5 Desktop (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06403513?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001), not the SFF.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! I configured BIOS as to the settings in the PDF you linked on page 1. I appended my EFI.

I tried disabling USBports.kext under Kernel>Add>Item 1>Enabled and setting Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit = 1, but that resulted in the "ban sign" screen saying "support.apple.com/mac/startup" before I even get to the installer menu.
My mistake. When you enable XhciPortLimit, you also need to add USBInjectAll.kext. You'll need to place USBInjectAll.kext in your kexts folder and enable the kext in your config.plist. Read this to learn more about USB port mapping / patching.

After you generate a USBPorts.kext for your system, you'll need to disable (or remove) USBInjectAll.kext from your kexts folder and config.plist (and enable your new USBPorts.kext).

EDIT: @kapiza , after reviewing the system specs, your USB map will definitely be different (your system has more USB ports). Your video may also be different, so if you aren't using DP->DVI adapters (requiring DVI port types in your config.plist Device Properties), you will need to change your Device Properties. Read my Known Issues here for more details.

EDIT 2: @kapiza , If you search for "OpenCore stuck OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key" you'll find others with that issue. I didn't read much, but it looks like some attribute this to improper graphics patching (Device Properties). It is very possible that your PC (which is not an EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini) may require different framebuffer patching. You can experiment with different AAPL,ig-platform-id values as I did here. Read my methodology here. Don't be surprised that your different PC doesn't use the same EFI.

Last edited:
My mistake. When you enable XhciPortLimit = 1, you also need to add USBInjectAll.kext. You'll need to place USBInjectAll.kext in your kexts folder and enable the kext in your config.plist. Read this to learn more about USB port mapping / patching.

After you generate a USBPorts.kext for your system, you'll need to disable (or remove) USBInjectAll.kext from your kexts folder and config.plist (and enable your new USBPorts.kext).

EDIT: @kapiza , after reviewing the system specs, your USB map will definitely be different (your system has more USB ports). Your video may also be different, so if you aren't using DP->DVI adapters (requiring DVI port types in your config.plist Device Properties), you will need to change your Device Properties. Read my Known Issues here for more details.
Ok, I'm working with USBInjectAll.kext now. As for now, I'm working with a DP>DVI adapter as you suggested in the catalina guide. When I understand it correctly, the device properties in the EFI you provided are already set for the DP to DVI setup, right?

EDIT: This did not solve the issue. I still get a reboot at about 14 minues left and am stuck at the SMCreadvalue key thing, the number after OCI4: Matching override changed however:
26:292 00:616 OCI4: Matching override 9274DF02 with 9274DF02 - success
26:339 00:046 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D535463 Size 1
26:365 00:025 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D534163 Size 2

Attachments

• EFI_v2.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
  • opencore-2017-01-02-235234.txt
    256 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Ok, I'm working with USBInjectAll.kext now. As for now, I'm working with a DP>DVI adapter as you suggested in the catalina guide. When I understand it correctly, the device properties in the EFI you provided are already set for the DP to DVI setup, right?
Great! Glad that worked for you. Be sure to create your own USB port mapping, so that you can disable XhciPortLimit.

@kapiza I spoke too soon and didn't see that you edited your previous post. Sorry that didn't work. I haven't patched your model PC and don't know the differences enough to suggest patches. Have you tried to install Catalina first?

Yes, my graphics Device Properties are set for DP->DVI.

Last edited:
Great! Glad that worked for you. Be sure to create your own USB port mapping, so that you can disable XhciPortLimit.

Yes, my graphics Device Properties are set for DP->DVI.
But this is to be done after having completed the installation right? Or how am I supposed to use Hackintool on this machine without a working installation? Sorry for the confusion...

But this is to be done after having completed the installation right? Or how am I supposed to use Hackintool on this machine without a working installation? Sorry for the confusion...
after you have installed macOS

@deeveedee, or anyone in the know, I might need some help here. In my pursuit of getting watch unlock to work, many on the forum have found it to be related to the enabling of the serial port in the BIOS of their motherboard. My 800G5 does not have a physical serial port, however when I boot it with USBinjectAll, I see that it creates a PCI serial adapter under networks: Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 09.26.05.png

I have no idea to what device this corresponds to.
Looking at the PCIe section of hackingtool, I see this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 09.26.24.png

And I am suspecting the 1f:05 device to be the culprit. Any idea as to how I could disable it from any sort of patch?

@deeveedee, or anyone in the know, I might need some help here. In my pursuit of getting watch unlock to work, many on the forum have found it to be related to the enabling of the serial port in the BIOS of their motherboard. My 800G5 does not have a physical serial port, however when I boot it with USBinjectAll, I see that it creates a PCI serial adapter under networks
Can you post your latest IORegistryExplorer dump?

If the "serial port" that you mentioned is the physical RS232 port, I don't think SPI is the same. A real MacMini8,1 ACPI has device XSPI (the reason for my SSDT-XSPI which is extracted from a MacMini8,1).

Can you determine whether the "serial port" that needs to be disabled in BIOS is RS232?

@rafale77 While I was creating my ACPI patches, I tried to emulate CLOVER's "Delete Unused" patch, but stopped when it didn't appear to make a difference. During my investigation, I found Device(SIO1) in the extracted DSDT with child devices Device (COM1) and Device (COM2). I don't see these appear in my IORegistry, so I don't think they are enabled.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 1.11.56 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back