Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
Intel Core i5-4590 e i7-4765t
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB
This adapter is for an SSD NGFF and will occupy an SSD location. I can't seem to find the 180deg adapter I am using which would work on the dedicated WIFI port.
Thanks really very kind, at the moment the port of the second NGFF SSD is free but, I would be sorry to preclude the possibility of putting a second one, for what it costs (after the BigSur installation test) I take it anyway but, if in the course of time would recap you to find the one at 180 degrees x please let me know also why would I have to wire the antenna wires again by changing the port

Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's unfortunate that these adapters won't fit because of physical space on our machines:

Edit:

I found it!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
Graphics
It's unfortunate that these adapters won't fit because of physical space on our machines:
oh yes, it would be too good: o) the wifi card vendor does not ship internationally, I found another one in Italy, the only one there for € 30 but even if I wanted to try I would not have the adapter ... never a joy: O))

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@mamomamo If you do re-install Big Sur with your BCM94360NG card, be sure to reset NVRAM (from the OC boot menu).

Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
Graphics
@mamomamo If you do re-install Big Sur with your BCM94360NG card, be sure to reset NVRAM (from the OC boot menu).
Hi deveedee, I restore the nvram every time I put or remove a kext, for sure I will and I really hope that the problem will be solved or, at least it will be mitigated because I would hate to have to disassemble it all again, I am afraid of damaging something

Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
oh yes, it would be too good: o) the wifi card vendor does not ship internationally, I found another one in Italy, the only one there for € 30 but even if I wanted to try I would not have the adapter ... never a joy: O))
This seems to be available in Italy.

Also not sure what reinstalling MacOS would do. This is really a driver/firmware support issue within macOS and I don't know why it would change anything. My issues certainly persisted through OS updates and NVRAM updates.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You'll also want to change ExtendBTFeatureFlags quirk in your config.plist from false to true (Kernel > Quirks > ExtendBTFeatureFlags). This doesn't explain the problems you're seeing, but you should have it enabled for Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
Graphics
This seems to be available in Italy.

Also not sure what reinstalling MacOS would do. This is really a driver/firmware support issue within macOS and I don't know why it would change anything. My issues certainly persisted through OS updates and NVRAM updates.
I don't know if you need to reinstall BigSur but it is a test to do since a deeveedee works fine, maybe over the months something conflicts with the new card that a clean installation with card installed could change something.
Definitely a silly question, can you somehow "extract" windows drivers and "convert them for mac?"

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey moderators - why are my posts awaiting moderator approval?

@mamomamo , @rafale77 I tried to post a link, but maybe its not allowed in this forum. Do an internet search for "Broadcom BCM94360NG WIFI working but no bluetooth - Opencore 0.5.9" to find the link I was referencing. I think that installing Windows and then re-installing macOS may do the same thing as the link.

Also, @mamomamo - change ExtendBTFeatureFlags quirk in your config.plist from false to true (Kernel > Quirks > ExtendBTFeatureFlags). This doesn't explain the problems you're seeing, but you should have it enabled for Bluetooth.