Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
i5-8500t
Graphics
UHD-630
Just want to thank this thread!
I followed the guide and installed big sur last week, today i updated to Monterey without any issue.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@mamomamo I wish I could take the credit, but it was @rafale77 who offered this advice. Is your front antenna still good?

thumbnail_IMG_1894.jpg

If your front antenna is still good, try disconnecting your rear antenna from the Wi-Fi card and leave only the front antenna connected to the Aux port on the Wi-Fi card. Then retest bluetooth. If both your front and rear antennae are damaged, you'll need to replace them.

Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
Intel Core i5-4590 e i7-4765t
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB
@mamomamo Vorrei potermi prendere il merito, ma è stato @rafale77 a offrire questo consiglio . La tua antenna anteriore è ancora buona?

Se l'antenna anteriore è ancora funzionante, prova a scollegare l'antenna posteriore dalla scheda Wi-Fi e lascia solo l'antenna anteriore collegata alla porta Aux sulla scheda Wi-Fi. Quindi riprovare il Bluetooth. Se entrambe le antenne anteriore e posteriore sono danneggiate, dovrai sostituirle.

Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
Graphics
Hello, front is good, wifi is fine but bluetooth is a real disaster, I took those antennas from the previous post, they should arrive tomorrow, with a 25cm cable (hopefully enough for the rear antenna) I don't know whether to change them both or leave the front discreet and only replace the one behind, tomorrow I see how it proceeds and I decide.
Yes, I made a bit of a mess with the response of the post, thank you @rafale77 for the advice that led me to discover the disconnection of the cable, too short to be able to re-solder it properly, I managed to solder only the positive and, now it is acceptable at distances of a few tens of cm but I decided to rewire it with at least one good antenna, thanks for the help: O)

Attachments

• antenna saldata.jpg
    antenna saldata.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 19
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
... a 25cm cable (hopefully enough for the rear antenna)
Did you measure the distance? I think 25cm is going to be a little short if you route the antenna cable along the same path as the original.

Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
Graphics
Yes, I saw that it goes around the long way, held still by a fixed path, I try and, if I see that it does not arrive, I try to go straight under the motherboard that should be detached from the bottom .... I hope enough: o)

Motherboard
Lenovo M93P
CPU
Graphics
@mamomamo I wish I could take the credit, but it was @rafale77 who offered this advice. Is your front antenna still good?

If your front antenna is still good, try disconnecting your rear antenna from the Wi-Fi card and leave only the front antenna connected to the Aux port on the Wi-Fi card. Then retest bluetooth. If both your front and rear antennae are damaged, you'll need to replace them.
Hello everyone, I managed not with little difficulty to get the 25 cm cable supplied with the antenna enough, passing it almost straight, avoiding the various points where the motherboard could touch. I recommend to those who undertake the antenna change to have a minimum 30 cm cable (from 30 is the one supplied but it can "go down" immediately, instead with an external antenna it steals 2/3 cm before being able to bend it I insert photos to better understand) 35 cm if you want to follow the dedicated path. The big problem is that the bluetooth is exactly the same as before, stuttering with the audio and, decent with a mouse, I have an Nvidia Shield at 4 meters and it is not detected and, everything I use with this HP at the bluetooth level (speaker , headphones and mouse) I used it with another little guy, a lenovo m93p thiny without ever a disconnect and it detected the bluetooth of the upstairs neighbor.
What I would like to understand is if it was possible that the module is faulty or, if there is something wrong with the EFI even if I have enabled the USB port HS14 (I hope I did it well) maybe I still attach the EFI if there was someone kind enough to give us a look. I forgot to mention that I have no other active Bluetooth (even if there were, he would not see them: O))
Thanks in advance if you want to give me some advice, have a nice day

Attachments

• photo_2022-03-01_15-41-53.jpg
    photo_2022-03-01_15-41-53.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 24
  • photo_2022-03-01_15-42-00.jpg
    photo_2022-03-01_15-42-00.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 28
  • photo_2022-03-01_15-42-13.jpg
    photo_2022-03-01_15-42-13.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 24
  • EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 19
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@mamomamo Have you tested the Bluetooth in MS Windows?

Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have fiddled with the "posteriore" (rear) antenna replacement on a couple of units, they are routed under the motherboard with very little room to play with and require taking out the motherboard. It is very fragile is often broken on used units. It is definitely a source of BT issues as I found out with a variety of continuity feature requiring BT. WIFI will also be slower but at least will not stop working if you are missing an antenna.

Also are you injecting the BT firmware (sorry maybe I should look up your EFI). BT implementation is a little complicated on the hacks. If you are not using a native apple wifi/BT card, there is a chance that you will need to inject the BT firmware into the card using a kext. I got tired of noodling with this solution and ended up getting a used apple card and added an adapter and never looked back. It now behaves exactly like a mac.

See my post here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ni8-1-hackintosh-opencore.306132/post-2252481

Last edited: