Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Motherboard
HP Elitedesk G4
CPU
i5-8500T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I decided to return to 10.15.7, the whole system is a lot snappier... and how to say... it also stays snappier without rebooting than Big Sur...

Motherboard
HP Elitedesk G4
CPU
i5-8500T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have read the whole thread from top to bottom and I do understand the configuration of my device.
I’ve used the sleep fix with “pmset” in terminal but it didn’t work. I couldn’t find anything else to help so decided to make an account and ask simple questions as igfxfw=2 is the only variable that messes with my device’s sleep setting.
I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t look first. If you’re not willing to help just say it and let others share their experience with the new proposed boot argument.
I dont have any sleep issues with igfxfw=2.
Maybe you should try Clean NVRAM and retest sleep.

Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just upgraded to OC 0.7.6 and then decided to finally move to Monterey. I then came back to this thread and got curious about igfxfw... oddly when I add this, Monterey refuses to boot. It crashes and reboot after hanging for quite some time at the step where the screen usually flashes as it loads the graphics driver. It's very likely something in my configuration I will dig into in a bit but just in case others encounter this...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have a 800 g5 sff (not mini) and don’t found a thread for my model.
I read that mini efi doesn’t works on no-mini models.
Thanks!!

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have a 800 g5 sff (not mini) and don’t found a thread for my model.
I read that mini efi doesn’t works on no-mini models.
Thanks!!
Yes. That is correct.

Motherboard
HP 800 G4 Mini
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630 ??
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@rafale77 @deeveedee

Created a thread for Monterey for the HP Mini G4/G5

May need some help to compile the information for what needs to go into each post section from everyone in this thread if that would be ok

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 800 G4 Mini
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630 ??
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@deeveedee

It's gonna be a long work (festive time starts a few weeks off work soon) in progress but with everyone's help and input, I can hopefully get something going like what is here already. I am not the best for spelling and grammar but with as much help from everyone here am sure we can all do a joint job.

I am not sure how much is able to be carried over from your current guidance.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am not sure how much is able to be carried over from your current guidance.
I don't think you need to duplicate anything that is already in this thread. I believe that you will be able to focus on issues that are specific to Monterey. If you compare the Catalina and Big Sur threads, you'll see that the transition from Catalina to Big Sur was gradual. The posts that you created in the Monterey thread are good place-holders for future content as you figure out what you want to post. You'll probably end up editing / changing those posts.

Again, I admire your courage. It takes guts to put yourself out there for everyone to scrutinize and to judge. You'll do fine. You're my new hackintosh hero.