Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@logyon All of your questions are answered in this thread. Please read, starting with Post #1. Reading this will help you to prove to yourself that you have the persistence and patience to configure and own a hackintosh.

Hi all, looking for help on getting extended displays on my Hackintosh. I combed through this guide and I didn't see any. I got 2 DP connections and the screens are mirroring. I tried all the possible configs on the first page and they all only mirror. I don't have the arrangement tab and my mirror screen is selected off.

I'm using straight DP cables and both my monitors are a HP Z27n G2's.

I'm currently using the 3xDP.list config wishin my DeviceProperties.

Any suggestions on a fix?

TIA

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@coretek System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement

Post your EFI with your requests for help.

Last edited:
Hi guys mine arrived today.

Sweet little device, upgraded the vga to hdmi, and have 2 display ports,
took out the internal drive and put in a ssd stick. Awaiting on my extra ram to arrive and will get the other wifi card at a later date.

Sweet running machine.

Will compare the hard drive cage mods to my original to see whats been done

@coretek You're not using one of the proven EFI's attached to Post #1, so you're using your own or someone else's. Not sure what else to say.

EDIT: If your intention is to create your own solution from scratch (which I do admire, since that's what I did), look at my Catalina thread for hints. Pay close attention to my methodology and my lessons learned (especially boot-args).

EDIT2: As you go back in time in the evolution of this solution, keep revisiting the EFI's attached to Post #1, because I did change my mind about some things that changed in the latest solution.

Last edited:
@deeveedee - I had some issues with your 0.7.0 and 0.7.1 packages initially. I also did a few EFI's on my own. In the end, it was due to incompatible nvme(silly I know, wasted a week on troubleshooting and created over 8 different USB tests) and wasn't sure which one I actually used to get it going.

I did just switched over to your 0.7.3 just now and I'm still having the same issue.(EFI Attached and screenshot of display settings). 3xDP was used. I have 2xDP(connected) and 1xVGA(not connected)

I'm still missing the arrangement tab.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 9.54.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 9.54.52 PM.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 59
  • EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back