Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post your latest IORegistryExplorer dump?

If the "serial port" that you mentioned is the physical RS232 port, I don't think SPI is the same. A real MacMini8,1 ACPI has device XSPI (the reason for my SSDT-XSPI which is extracted from a MacMini8,1).

Can you determine whether the "serial port" that needs to be disabled in BIOS is RS232?

@rafale77 While I was creating my ACPI patches, I tried to emulate CLOVER's "Delete Unused" patch, but stopped when it didn't appear to make a difference. During my investigation, I found Device(SIO1) in the extracted DSDT with child devices Device (COM1) and Device (COM2). I don't see these appear in my IORegistry, so I don't think they are enabled.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am running windows on my 600G5 which has a serial port and there I can see 2 COM ports with 2 different paths:

ACPI\PNP0501 and PCI\DEV_A363&SUBSYS_8598103.....

The latter corresponds to the entry below. I have attached also my IOReg dump... I don't know what the SOL COM port is but would like to try disabling it too.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 10.28.03.png

Attachments

• HPmacmini.ioreg
    13.6 MB · Views: 58
I don't know what the SOL COM port is but would like to try disabling it too.
I don't either, so I guess your SOL :). Sorry - couldn't resist.

I'm not following, so let me ask what is a dumb question: If you try watch unlock on your 800 G5 (which does NOT have a serial port) and you try watch unlock on your 600 G5 (which does have a a serial port), watch unlock does not work in BOTH cases?

I suspect that the 800 (and 600) motherboards auto-detect when the RS232 daughter card is installed and enable the COM1 / COM2 ports accordingly. In the DSDT, each COM port has method _STA that is conditional on RCOD. My guess is that RCOD gets set based on whether there is a COM port physically present in the PC.

Code:
                    Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                    {
                        Local0 = Zero
                        If (CNPS ())
                        {
                            If (!RCOD)
                            {
                                Local0 = SODS (_UID ())
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                Local0 = 0x0D
                            }
                        }

Return (Local0)
                    }

@rafale77 I couldn't open your ioreg dump. Did you save this with IORegistryExplorer Version 2.1?

Last edited:
So I am making some progress here. I traced the other com port to the intel AMT (ME - Management engine) which was enabled in the BIOS and was creating the COM port in the network settings. After disabling it from the BIOS, at least that SOL port is gone. I don't think the super IO is showing up on my 800G5 so you are likely correct in the fact that it is probably not the problem.

Now that I think I got the serial port out of the way, I am still having the same problem with the watch unlock. It works right after it is setup but... if the watch bluetooth disconnects from the hack, it instantly stops working. The hack seems to know that the watch is there as it prompts for the unlock but the watch fails to connect back to the hack. This has been driving me nuts. Looking at the ioreg, I can see when I setup the watch to unlock, that there is quite a bit of authentication activities. One thought was that any UART ports in the hack would mislead macOS to send data through it even though it was closed, thinking that it was sending it to BT... but now I am not sure.

So I am making some progress here. I traced the other com port to the intel AMT (ME - Management engine) which was enabled in the BIOS and was creating the COM port in the network settings. After disabling it from the BIOS, at least that SOL port is gone. I don't think the super IO is showing up on my 800G5 so you are likely correct in the fact that it is probably not the problem.
Let me know if I need to make any changes to the BIOS config PDF that I attached here. I have only been recommending
  • Intel Management Engine (ME): checked (required for working UHD graphics after Sleep/Wake)
  • Intel Active Management Technology (AMT): unchecked

I couldn't open your ioreg dump. Did you save this with IORegistryExplorer Version 2.1?

I used IORegistryExplorer3.0.2...

Still fighting this, I made a few minor updates following the OC config checker, mostly enabling and disabling some quirks and modifying the iGPU platform id to match with a desktop Coffee Lake CPU. Everything seems to be working the same so far.

And yes you are right, I can just enable ME and disable AMT. This is something I missed.

I used IORegistryExplorer3.0.2...

Still fighting this, I made a few minor updates following the OC config checker, mostly enabling and disabling some quirks and modifying the iGPU platform id to match with a desktop Coffee Lake CPU. Everything seems to be working the same so far.

And yes you are right, I can just enable ME and disable AMT. This is something I missed.

Interesting... I was clueless about this problem. Thank you.

Here it is again.

I went as far as also regenerating the smbios and used a new valid settings and... still no luck with the watch unlock. I am really puzzled by this problem... I got everything else up and running it seems... sidecar, continuity, handoff, airdrop...

Attachments

• Mymini.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 120
Interesting... I was clueless about this problem. Thank you.

Here it is again.

I went as far as also regenerating the smbios and used a new valid settings and... still no luck with the watch unlock. I am really puzzled by this problem... I got everything else up and running it seems... sidecar, continuity, handoff, airdrop...
Nothing jumps out at me in your IOReg dump. I searched and found what were probably the same things that you found (including many real Mac owners having problems with it). Sorry I'm not going to be any help.

Yeah the only thing from my search I have not tried is to disable the audiodxe at boot but I am very dubious that it will do anything. At this point I can only think of a bug in the BT firmware injection...

And no I don't have this problem with my 3 real macs...

Thanks for looking though

Yeah the only thing from my search I have not tried is to disable the audiodxe at boot but I am very dubious that it will do anything. At this point I can only think of a bug in the BT firmware injection...

And no I don't have this problem with my 3 real macs...

Thanks for looking though
Did it work in Catalina?

Have you tried without using any Acidanthera BrcmPatchRAM Kexts? If your card is not detected without the kexts, have you tried enabling only the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (just injects the device) without updating the firmware (disabling BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext)? My thinking is that if it is the firmware update, try not updating the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back