Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
I7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
All - I have not had a chance to test @dolphin19303 's proposed rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF range on my 800 G4 Mini (have only been using my G5 Mini lately). This range is working well for me on the G5 Mini. Some strange boot behavior that I was seeing on the G5 Mini (sometimes OC boot picker would not display and sometimes the Apple logo would not display during boot-up) no longer occurs after using this new rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF range.

Has anyone else tested rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF and confirmed that it works for them (eliminating the RTC corruption issues on the G4 Mini)? If so, I'd like to post a revised EFI with this new rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF range.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 mini
CPU
i5 9600
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

got my g5 I5-i9600

rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF is working without problems as i´ve got before with the g4 and virtualSMC.

Against your config i used SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml with "plugin-type", Zero
I checked it in Win with the same result as with the G4 and this one gives the right Powermanagement!

But SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml diasplays different Energie Settings as you know.
What do you think, is there a way to solve this?

Another thing, is there a way to insert our SuperIO Chipset to the given Kext to check Fan Speed?

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
I7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

got my g5 I5-i9600

rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF is working without problems as i´ve got before with the g4 and virtualSMC.

Against your config i used SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml with "plugin-type", Zero
I checked it in Win with the same result as with the G4 and this one gives the right Powermanagement!

But SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml diasplays different Energie Settings as you know.
What do you think, is there a way to solve this?

Another thing, is there a way to insert our SuperIO Chipset to the given Kext to check Fan Speed?
I'm amazed that my accidental discovery here is working well for you. I may have to revisit that again.

A real MacMini8,1 has the code below in its ACPI. Note that there is a condition where
Code:
Package () { "No-plugin", Zero }
is returned, but I haven't studied it at all. Everything I've read indicates that
Code:
Package() { "plugin-type", One }
is correct for macOS. All I can say is that if plugin-type Zero works for you, keep using it. However, I'm not sure how to restore normal energy settings when you do use plugin-type = Zero.

ACPI from a real MacMini8,1
Code:
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (Arg0 == ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b"))
            {
                Debug = "Writing plugin-type to Registry!"
                Local0 = Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "plugin-type", 
                        One
                    }
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
            }
            Else
            {
                Local0 = Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "No-Plugin", 
                        Zero
                    }
            }

Return (Local0)
        }
    }

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
I7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated my 800 G4 Mini to Big Sur 11.2.3. When rebooting during the update, I experienced the RTC corruption issue (with @dolphin19303 's rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF). I'll continue to test this rtcfx_exclude range, since I don't mind if the problem occurs only during macOS updates (recovery is as simple as pressing <Enter>).

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 6.41.20 AM.png

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
I7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@theroadw - I'm going to test your suggested RTC patch (which changes RTC Memory Length to 0x02 - equivalent to CLOVER's Fix RTC). With RTCMemoryFixup.kext, we may be chasing a new rtcfx_exclude range with each BIOS update and/or macOS update (not sure which factors affect this).

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
I7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you want to try @theroadw 's suggested RTC patch (sets RTC Memory Length = 0x02 like CLOVER's Fix RTC), you can use the attached EFI for OC 0.6.7. I am testing this now. This EFI has the following changes from OC0.6.7-EFI-r001:

OC 0.6.7 R002 BETA
Config.plist changes
  • ACPI > Add > Item0: changed from SSDT-AWAC-HPET.aml to SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC.aml (includes RTC patch)
  • Kernel > Add: Removed RTCMemoryFixup.kext
  • NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args: removed rtcfx_exclude
Kexts changes
  • Removed RTCMemoryFixup.kext
ACPI changes
  • Replaced SSDT-AWAC-HPET with SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC which includes RTC patch (same as CLOVER's Fix RTC) which changes RTC memory length from 0x8 to 0x2 to prevent RTC memory corruption)

How this change works:
SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC.aml sets STAS = 0x02 which disables Devices AWAC and RTC. SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC.aml defines a new Device (RTC0) (which replaces the disabled RTC) that sets RTC memory length = 0x02. This is exactly how CLOVER's Fix RTC addresses RTC memory corruption.

Attachments

• OC0.6.7-EFI-r002.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini DM
CPU
Intel Core i5-8500 3.00 GHz
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
I updated my 800 G4 Mini to Big Sur 11.2.3. When rebooting during the update, I experienced the RTC corruption issue (with @dolphin19303 's rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF). I'll continue to test this rtcfx_exclude range, since I don't mind if the problem occurs only during macOS updates (recovery is as simple as pressing <Enter>).

View attachment 512471
I have been using @dolphin19303 's rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF for a week now. I only had a problem once during the update, just like you.
This setting definitely works better than the previous range.

Thank you guys for your fantastic work !

Motherboard
Apple MacBook Pro 15" Retina Mid 2014
CPU
1x 2,5-GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-processor (Turbo Boost 3,7 GHz) 256KB L2 cache, 6MB L3 cache
Graphics
1x Intel Iris Pro & 1x NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M met 2 GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In the case of 'vs Mac Mini M1'.... I was wondering.

When my flash drive gives out an anxious message about it's lifetime after 4-5 years(?) I replace it. Swap it out, done.

When in the Mac Mini M1 the storage/NVME/Flash/whatever on the thing gives up, you will need to need to buy a new Mac Mini, right? Or is it different somehow that you could use it for 10 years?

Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 mini
CPU
i5 9600
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello,

i checked your advise https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i8-1-hackintosh-open-core.306132/post-2216585 again.

Forgot, to told you that i could switch between both SSDT-PLUG.aml without any problem with the G4/G5.
I think, that your destroyied System got an other reason. Switching without clearing NVRAM, i don´t know.
Asked because it seems to me that the WIN Speedstep is the right one even real Macmini 8,1 told us different.

Not shure, but the Energie Settings of both SSDT-PLUG.aml were wrong.
These are settings from iMac or not ? Macmini got two Sliders and won´t got the first checkbox.

Last edited:
Motherboard
PC HP EliteDesk 800 G4
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

View attachment 512471
It's true, I can get RTC issues sometime for my 800 G4. I'll update new range base on old one if rtc issues disappear completely :thumbup: