Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@henryrym - I'm going to be busy for a few days. Fortunately, there are others contributing to this thread who are very capable and able to help you.

@henryrym - I had a free minute and can give some feedback. I don't want to do this for you, because I'd be doing you a disservice (and you want to learn and be able to maintain your hack). You should review these three threads for UHD 630 Framebuffer patching:

Here are a few hints:
  • The connector types in the EFI I posted are specific to my system (DigitalDVI). Review all Known Issues (including Catalina Issues) to learn about this and other potential differences between your system and mine.
  • Your DP ports are identifed by type 0x0400, reverse byte order <00 04 00 00> (where my DigitalDVI connections are type 0x004, reverse byte order <04 00 00 00>). Learn about reverse byte order in my "My framebuffer patching experience" post linked above.
  • Your VGA port is identified by connector-type 0x0010, reverse byte order <10 00 00 00>
  • @rafale77 's Graphics Device Properties in his EFI here are closer to yours than are mine in my posted EFI. Look at his config.plist to see how he patched for 3 DP ports. You may find that you need to change your AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007 (reverse byte order <07009B3E>) for working sound over DP.

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and applied the 11.2.1 update .... so far so good. Your mileage may vary!

Attachments

• dot11.png
    dot11.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 47
Updated my HackMini8,1 from BS 11.2 to BS 11.2.1 with almost no issues. After the first reboot, OC 0.6.6 correctly selected the 'Macintosh HD' volume. After the second reboot, OC correctly selected the primary BS volume. After the 3rd reboot, OC correctly selected the primary BS volume, but a 4th reboot occurred (with a shutdown error). However, after the 4th reboot, BS was completely upgraded to 11.2.1.

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.55.39 AM.png

I did a clean install 10 days ago with (2021-02-01 18:12:50 .. 071-00838 .. 11.2.0.20D64 macOS Big Sur) but 20D74 is till now not showing up.

I did a clean install 10 days ago with (2021-02-01 18:12:50 .. 071-00838 .. 11.2.0.20D64 macOS Big Sur) but 20D74 is till now not showing up.
Usually caused by incorrect SMBIOS in config.plist. Hard to tell without your problem reporting files (and even then, it might be hard to tell). Are you sure you generated valid SMBIOS when you installed BS? Did you use GenSMBIOS?

update went well for me also...no problems...also took out fakesmc and went to virutal smc....works good..no problems so far.

update went well for me also...no problems...also took out fakesmc and went to virutal smc....works good..no problems so far.
Are you using any sensor kexts with VirtualSMC? If so, do you mind posting them along with the name of the sensor app and a screenshot of the sensor app display? I'd like to test VirtualSMC again, but I didn't like the sensor app that I chose the first time I tested.

behind i enabled SIP, i could get the 11.2.1 Update. authenticated-root could be disabled to show up the update.
i tried, VirtualSMC some time ago. tell me if iám wrong but FakeSMC shows more Sensors. i use iStat Menue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back