Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

got my g5 I5-i9600

rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF is working without problems as i´ve got before with the g4 and virtualSMC.

Against your config i used SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml with "plugin-type", Zero
I checked it in Win with the same result as with the G4 and this one gives the right Powermanagement!

But SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml diasplays different Energie Settings as you know.
What do you think, is there a way to solve this?

Another thing, is there a way to insert our SuperIO Chipset to the given Kext to check Fan Speed?

Hello all,

got my g5 I5-i9600

rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF is working without problems as i´ve got before with the g4 and virtualSMC.

Against your config i used SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml with "plugin-type", Zero
I checked it in Win with the same result as with the G4 and this one gives the right Powermanagement!

But SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml diasplays different Energie Settings as you know.
What do you think, is there a way to solve this?

Another thing, is there a way to insert our SuperIO Chipset to the given Kext to check Fan Speed?
I'm amazed that my accidental discovery here is working well for you. I may have to revisit that again.

A real MacMini8,1 has the code below in its ACPI. Note that there is a condition where
Code:
Package () { "No-plugin", Zero }
is returned, but I haven't studied it at all. Everything I've read indicates that
Code:
Package() { "plugin-type", One }
is correct for macOS. All I can say is that if plugin-type Zero works for you, keep using it. However, I'm not sure how to restore normal energy settings when you do use plugin-type = Zero.

ACPI from a real MacMini8,1
Code:
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (Arg0 == ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b"))
            {
                Debug = "Writing plugin-type to Registry!"
                Local0 = Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "plugin-type", 
                        One
                    }
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
            }
            Else
            {
                Local0 = Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "No-Plugin", 
                        Zero
                    }
            }

Return (Local0)
        }
    }

I updated my 800 G4 Mini to Big Sur 11.2.3. When rebooting during the update, I experienced the RTC corruption issue (with @dolphin19303 's rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF). I'll continue to test this rtcfx_exclude range, since I don't mind if the problem occurs only during macOS updates (recovery is as simple as pressing <Enter>).

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 6.41.20 AM.png

@theroadw - I'm going to test your suggested RTC patch (which changes RTC Memory Length to 0x02 - equivalent to CLOVER's Fix RTC). With RTCMemoryFixup.kext, we may be chasing a new rtcfx_exclude range with each BIOS update and/or macOS update (not sure which factors affect this).

If you want to try @theroadw 's suggested RTC patch (sets RTC Memory Length = 0x02 like CLOVER's Fix RTC), you can use the attached EFI for OC 0.6.7. I am testing this now. This EFI has the following changes from OC0.6.7-EFI-r001:

OC 0.6.7 R002 BETA
Config.plist changes
  • ACPI > Add > Item0: changed from SSDT-AWAC-HPET.aml to SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC.aml (includes RTC patch)
  • Kernel > Add: Removed RTCMemoryFixup.kext
  • NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args: removed rtcfx_exclude
Kexts changes
  • Removed RTCMemoryFixup.kext
ACPI changes
  • Replaced SSDT-AWAC-HPET with SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC which includes RTC patch (same as CLOVER's Fix RTC) which changes RTC memory length from 0x8 to 0x2 to prevent RTC memory corruption)

How this change works:
SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC.aml sets STAS = 0x02 which disables Devices AWAC and RTC. SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC.aml defines a new Device (RTC0) (which replaces the disabled RTC) that sets RTC memory length = 0x02. This is exactly how CLOVER's Fix RTC addresses RTC memory corruption.

Attachments

• OC0.6.7-EFI-r002.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 158
I updated my 800 G4 Mini to Big Sur 11.2.3. When rebooting during the update, I experienced the RTC corruption issue (with @dolphin19303 's rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF). I'll continue to test this rtcfx_exclude range, since I don't mind if the problem occurs only during macOS updates (recovery is as simple as pressing <Enter>).

View attachment 512471
I have been using @dolphin19303 's rtcfx_exclude=D8-DF for a week now. I only had a problem once during the update, just like you.
This setting definitely works better than the previous range.

Thank you guys for your fantastic work !

In the case of 'vs Mac Mini M1'.... I was wondering.

When my flash drive gives out an anxious message about it's lifetime after 4-5 years(?) I replace it. Swap it out, done.

When in the Mac Mini M1 the storage/NVME/Flash/whatever on the thing gives up, you will need to need to buy a new Mac Mini, right? Or is it different somehow that you could use it for 10 years?

hello,

i checked your advise https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i8-1-hackintosh-open-core.306132/post-2216585 again.

Forgot, to told you that i could switch between both SSDT-PLUG.aml without any problem with the G4/G5.
I think, that your destroyied System got an other reason. Switching without clearing NVRAM, i don´t know.
Asked because it seems to me that the WIN Speedstep is the right one even real Macmini 8,1 told us different.

Not shure, but the Energie Settings of both SSDT-PLUG.aml were wrong.
These are settings from iMac or not ? Macmini got two Sliders and won´t got the first checkbox.

Last edited:

View attachment 512471
It's true, I can get RTC issues sometime for my 800 G4. I'll update new range base on old one if rtc issues disappear completely :thumbup:

@dolphin19303 The CLOVER RTC patch (suggested by @theroadw ) is working perfectly for me. It just may be that SLICE/CLOVER is correct about the best way to patch RTC and that Acidanthera may not be correct in this case. I don't see any performance or functional deficiencies with the RTC patch and there is no need to keep finding a new rtcfx_exclude range every time the BIOS or macOS version changes. I am continuing to test with the RTC patch and so far, I'm very happy with it. If all continues to go well, the RTC patch (not rtcfx_exclude) will be in my next posted EFI for OC. Sometimes, the latest isn't always the best. Thank you, @theroadw , for suggesting this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back