Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: @rafale77 - the sleep/wake issues I observed were only when the system went to sleep on its own (never when I invoked sleep from the Apple menu).

That is very strange. Do you think the self sleep is a different command from the manual one? Or maybe that it is how long the CPU is asleep before recovering leading to a deeper sleep state? Maybe disable/enable some sleep states in the BIOS?

That is very strange. Do you think the self sleep is a different command from the manual one? Or maybe that it is how long the CPU is asleep before recovering leading to a deeper sleep state? Maybe disable/enable some sleep states in the BIOS?
I'm not having any issues now, so there's nothing to fix. I'll never know if all would have been resolved simply by disconnecting AC power and holding the power button for 30 seconds. It's quite possible that, had I done this before, I could have remained with the 'old' FakeSMC without any issues (depite the backtrace errors in boot log).

Hi all,

now i remember, why a switch to FakeSMC.

Before i find you, i startet wit OC v062 and VirtuelSMC.

I never could get solve my Boot Post Error with VirtuelSMC.

Never got this Error with Clover.

Seems, that iám the only one with this, USB Power Error, can´t get USB C switching enable ...

Iám on Hack sinze 2008 Core Duo but don´t know what to do. My config won´t really change since my last post and it is most yours.

I´ve got these Errors sinze i startet with the G4 before i use Multiboot.
So i have to use FakeSMC even i could use the new one.

Hopefully my Boss would give me new Hardware to play with it soon :)
I only could use it because i have the Admin rights for it. Thats the reason why i need my Original UUID and Bitlocker to run WIN in Konzern Mode and could use the Hack for my private use ;)

What do you think about to create a real good DSDT? The Mainboard/Hardware don´t really change from G3 to G5 just BIOS feutures.

Last edited:
@Carstimann - please continue to post your current EFI with help requests (even if "it hasn't changed"). The on-the-fly patching (SSDTs) is working well and a custom DSDT, while not difficult, could be high-maintenance as long as HP is releasing new BIOS versions.

With regard to multi-boot, I press F9 at boot to select my Windows drive. I do not boot Windows with OC.

@Carstimann - please continue to post your current EFI with help requests (even if "it hasn't changed"). The on-the-fly patching (SSDTs) is working well and a custom DSDT, while not difficult, could be high-maintenance as long as HP is releasing new BIOS versions.

With regard to multi-boot, I press F9 at boot to select my Windows drive. I do not boot Windows with OC.
Hi, here my config.
we tried it more times to solve my Errors, i dont know?

----------
I will post my WIN Intel Power Gadget soon, because your moded is the right one.

The way my Rig works is now good enough for me till i got something new to play arround.
But would be nice, if i could get it to work as yours.

Multiboot, like i do it, is the same as boot from F9 Bootmanager. + you could install the Bootcamp Driver (without drivers) to too switch between both.

Power Gadget/Geekbench in Win gives me more info about my CPU/Board, i share it tommorow.

Attachments

• config.plist 2.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
@Carstimann - Would you like to guess what's missing from your attachment? Hint: EFI != config.plist.

So happy with my G5 macmini hack that I just got myself another one with a i5 9500T and 8GB for $250. Almost pulled the trigger on a real M1 on sale but then with all the issues related to the WIP with apps compatibility, I still think the upgradability, cost and flexibility of the hack wins the pick.

I have attached a revised EFI (OC0.6.6-EFI-r003.zip) to Post #1. This revised EFI includes the change below.

OC0.6.6-EFI_r003
Replaces FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext version 1.2. FakeSMC.kext and FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext are removed. Read the OC0.6.6-EFI-r001 change notes included in the zip archive to help you select the correct USBPorts.kext for your system. Also be sure to populate config.plist PlatformInfo>Generic with your own values.

So happy with my G5 macmini hack that I just got myself another one with a i5 9500T and 8GB for $250. Almost pulled the trigger on a real M1 on sale but then with all the issues related to the WIP with apps compatibility, I still think the upgradability, cost and flexibility of the hack wins the pick.
Awesome deal! Now I believe the "best value hack" contest winner is a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back