Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
so far only difference i see is that i am using VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC....still looking...
Is anyone else still using FakeSMC.kext on their G4 Mini with BIOS 2.15? If so - any issues?

EDIT: It turns out that @FreeJHack has fixed FakeSMC for OpenCore. If you search for 'FakeSMC Backtrace OpenCore' you will find FreeJHack's new FakeSMC.kext and OC config.plist mod necessary to use it. I am running with this new FakeSMC.kext now. It will be interesting to see if this new FakeSMC resolves the random reboot issue that I observed after upgrading BIOS from 2.14.01 to 2.15. Note that one advantage of using the new FakeSMC is that the FakeSMCSensor kexts still work (along with HWMonitor.app).

Last edited:
@FreeJHack If you're visiting tonymacx86, thanks for your patched FakeSMC.kext!

After I edited config.plist with the required Misc>Security>ExposeSensitiveData change (from 6 to 8), upon boot with OC 0.6.6, I now see the following error flash briefly before the text bootpicker appears:

OCS: Failed to parse real field as value with type integer and <214xxxxxx> contents. context <HaltLevel>

EDIT: According to this, the error was caused by XCode when I edited my config.plist (XCode changed HaltLevel from integer to real). I changed HaltLevel back to integer and the OCS error is gone.

I am now testing with this FakeSMC.kext and BIOS 2.15. Will report findings after testing.

Last edited:
Hi all,

still on FakeSMC with BIOS 2.15 and SSDT-PLUG-MOD.aml
will test the new FakeSMC later.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-15 um 17.15.38.png

I use csrutil authenticated-root disable and crsutil enable (SIP) to create a 0-Byte Sleepimage
and to delete Snapshots
Kext Updater helped me

Last edited:
@Carstimann - you're still using 'Plugin-Type=0'? That's great! I may have to switch back to that to see what kind of performance improvement I see on the i7-9700.

I haven't found the need to replace Sleepimage with OC. Sleep / Wake is working fine. Also, I still need to test more, but it does appear that the 'old' FakeSMC was responsible for my system restarts after upgrading to BIOS version 2.15. My system has been solid after replacing FakeSMC.kext with this one. When you replace FakeSMC.kext, be sure to change Misc>Security>ExposeSensitiveData from 6 to 8 in your OC config.plist. You'll see my instructions for making this config.plist change when you search for 'FakeSMC Backtrace OpenCore' and look at my post at the end of the thread.

I don´t get Free Jack´s FakeSMC to work.

I use ExposeSensitiveData 3 instead of 6 or 8 (Kext Updater told me this)
Tried 8 also SIP / authenticated-root enable/disable / from OC 0.66 to Nigtly v067 with Kext

Now it stops before the FakeSMC error above.
----------------------------------------------------
The Sleepimage with 0-Byte beware my NVme for useless writes an works great and fast.

If someone don´t have it, clean snapshot.sh in attachment.

Other Offtopic, do you have more Hack´s or VM´s, do you use Software Deployment (Autopkg/Munki)?
Do you have Apache enabled or a XRDP Server running, Homebrew GNU?

sry bad english :)

Attachments

• Snapshots.sh.zip
    806 bytes · Views: 74
Last edited:
I don´t get Free Jack´s FakeSMC to work.

I use ExposeSensitiveData 3 instead of 6 or 8 (Kext Updater told me this)
Tried 8 also SIP / authenticated-root enable/disable / from OC 0.66 to Nigtly v067 with Kext

Now it stops before the FakeSMC error above.
Your configuration is different from mine. I'm not sure how to advise you. Please let me know if you figure it out.

I will try his FakeSMC tommorow on my old GB z77 and your config on my G4.

Please check in WIN Intel Power Gadget and you will get the same results as with 'Plugin-Type=0'

Please check Kext Updater, because if i don´t use Misc>Security>ExposeSensitiveData 3 the App told me that it is no Hackintosh!

csrutil authenticated-root disable is csr-active-config = FF0F0000

Last edited:
Given the underwhelming response to my "Who's still using FakeSMC" question here, I will be switching to VirtualSMC.kext. FakeSMC has served me well for a long time, but in this case, I think it would be best for me to stay current with the majority of followers of this thread.

EDIT: After I switched from FakeSMC (v.6.26-357.180x) to VirtualSMC, I observed some very strange graphics behavior at boot (OC text bootpicker was not displayed and Apple Logo was not visible with the progress bar). These issues were not resolved with OC's NVRAM reset. I shutdown my PC, removed AC power and held the power button for 30 seconds. Upon reboot, the problems were resolved. All appears to be well now with VirtualSMC. Will continue to monitor behavior.

Last edited:
More options is better. I am still on FakeSMC but on a G5 yet have not seen or ran into any problems. I use my hack as a 24/7 server and it's been on for days. I tested sleep as well and didn't see anything odd...

More options is better. I am still on FakeSMC but on a G5 yet have not seen or ran into any problems. I use my hack as a 24/7 server and it's been on for days. I tested sleep as well and didn't see anything odd...
It's possible that my FakeSMC vs VirtualSMC issues may never be fully understood (and may be something else entirely). See my EDIT here to see that I needed to take extra measures to switch from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. It's possible that my repeated experimentation with multiple EFIs (even going back and forth at one time between CLOVER and OC) may have left my rig in a weird state.

EDIT: @rafale77 - the sleep/wake issues I observed were only when the system went to sleep on its own (never when I invoked sleep from the Apple menu).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back