Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I checked Intel PowerGatget on WIN/macOS
At WIN, I've got the same results as with SSDT-PLUG with "plugin-type", Zero and that should be right.
I could switch between these Version of SSDT-PLUG without Error.

I never could resolve the USB "high-current" Error. Tried OC since 063 release and nightlies.
This Error won't appear at the USB C Connector.
If you connect your Phone, would they switch to a USB3 (SS) Port in Hackintoshtool?

Multiboot
Platforminfo/Quirks UpdateSMBIOSMode=Custom or Kernel/Quirks CustomSMBIOSGuid=YES
Now works as it should for me and WIN got the same Hardware UUID as if I would start from BIOS.
Important is, that you create the second EFI, MSR and WIN Partition before you install WIN with CMD.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-02 um 19.22.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-02 um 19.06.53.png

• CPU: i5-8500
  • RAM: 32 GB (2 x 16GB)
  • Physical Video Connectors: 2x DP -> DigitalDVI
  • Physical Video Connectors: 1x DP -> HDMI
tested with WEG 1.4.6/1.4.7

Attachments

• Hackmini 8.1 Carstimann.zip
    784.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Hackmini 8.1 Carstimann 11.2.zip
    705.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
@Carstimann You specified i5-7500, but you meant i5-8500 (as indicated in your signature) - correct?

Hi, yes a mistake, delete it.

Did a fresh macOS 11.2 install without issues.

Post #1 now includes an attached draft EFI for OC 0.6.6 (OC0.6.6-EFI-r001). I used this updated EFI to upgrade to Big Sur 11.2 with no problems. Changes from the previous OC 0.6.5 EFI are as follows:

Changes in this EFI (from OC0.6.5-EFI-R002)
  • Upgraded to OC0.6.6
  • Replaced SSDT-MM81 with SSDT-DMAC (new SSDT only adds device DMAC)
  • OC/Kexts contains multiple versions of USBPorts.kext. The default USBPorts.kext has 16 logical USB ports and requires config.plist Kernel>Quirks>XHCIPortLimit=1. Other USBPorts options are below.
  • USBPorts.kext now labels SS03 and SS04 "Connectors" as TypeC. There is disagreement about this, but it is working for me and I suspect it's more cosmetic than functional. Refer to Hackintool context sensitive help for more info.
  • Changed config.plist: Kernel>Quirks>XHCIPortLimit=1 (for 16-port USBPorts.kext). Use Hackintool to customize USBPorts.kext (to comply with 15-port limit) and change XHCIPortLimit to 0.
  • Revised SSDT-XOSI.aml to be 'multi-boot friendly' - includes _OSI("Darwin") conditions
  • Replaced Driver HfsPlus.efi with OpenHfsPlus.efi
  • Upgraded Acidanthera kexts AppleALC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, Lilu.kext
    • AppleALC.kext 1.5.6 -> 1.5.7
    • WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.6 -> 1.4.7
    • Lilu.kext 1.5.0 -> 1.5.1
  • Changed config.plist: UEFI>Audio>VolumeAmplifier from 143 to 70 (lower boot chime volume)
  • Changed config.plist: Added Kernel>Quirks>SetApfsTrimTimeout
  • Changed config.plist: Added Misc>Boot>LauncherOption, LauncherPath, PickerVariant
  • Changed config.plist: Added PlatformInfo>UseRawUuidEncoding
  • Changed config.plist: Added UEFI>Quirks>DisableSecurityPolicy
  • Changed config.plist: Removed Misc>Security>BootProtect

USBPorts.kext options included in this EFI:
  • USBPorts-noHS14.kext: HS14 (internal Bluetooth USB) not included in port map - complies with 15-port limit, set XhciPortLimit=0
  • USBPorts-16.kext: Includes 16 logical USB ports - exceeds 15-port limit, set XhciPortLimit=1 (not intended for production use)
  • USBPorts.kext: same as USBPorts-16.kext

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 10.59.07 AM.png

Last edited:
My advice about this BIOS update: After comparing the release notes for this latest BIOS update (2.15) to the previous BIOS update (2.14.01), I don't believe that this update is urgent - don't rush to install this. BIOS update 2.15 fixes the "After Power Loss" issue (which I have never seen) and updates Intel Reference Code as mentioned below. The other firmware is unchanged from 2.14.01 to 2.15. My advice: don't be the first to apply this BIOS update.

===============================================

There is a new BIOS update for the EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (version 2.15). I am still running with BIOS version 2.14.1 and have not tested with the new BIOS version. The new BIOS (2.15) includes the following changes:
  • Fixes an issue where "After Power Loss" in BIOS setup lost functionality after s3 resume.
  • Update Intel Reference code to 7.0.74.20
  • This BIOS upgrade package also includes the following firmware versions:
    • Intel Management Engine Corporate v12.0.70.1652 (Production)
    • Super I/O (SIO) 7.9.51
    • Intel VBIOS 9.2.1014 (2018/06/21)
    • Intel GOP 9.0.1075
    • USB Type-C PD firmware FW 6.8.0
    • Intel/Realtek PXE rom IBA CL v0.1.13
    • Intel/Realtek UEFI PXE rom EFI v0.0.19

EDIT: For those adventurous enough to try the new BIOS update, don't forget about the ACPI patch that I needed when I updated my G3 Mini BIOS. We haven't needed it on the G4 Mini, but a BIOS update may change that.

Last edited:
Spent the better part of the past hours updating everything on my 800G5 hack... BIOS update was a bit scary doing it from the UEFI BIOS as it went black or seemingly freeze even at one point without power for extended periods of time. I don't remember observing this in the past. For the G5 it is an upgrade from 2.08.

I then upgraded opencore 0.6.6 which had me dig into the new options for opencanopy to find a few resource files (icons and audio) needed to be updated to bring it back. I then adopted @deeveedee's ACPI and kext setups (except for USB, video and boot audio.) and all seems to be well. Now my HEVC doesn't appear to work.

CPU: i9 9900
RAM: 64GB (2x32GB)
3 DPs: -> 1 is connected to a monitor.

My iOreg dump attached.

Attachments

• MyMini.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 170
Here the specs of my miniPC that unluckily lacks hardware acceleration H265 in Big Sur.
  • ASUS Prime H310I-PLUS R2.0
  • Intel Core i3 8100
  • 2 x 8GB Tot 16GB DDR4
  • SSD NVME 1TB
  • tested with WEG 1.4.7
  • Physical Video Connectors: 1x VGA
  • Physical Video Connectors: 1x DVI
  • Physical Video Connectors: 1x HDMI
H265 Hardware acceleration never worked in Big Sur BUT works in Catalina with the same configuration.

Attachments

• miniPC.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 21.17.05.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 21.17.05.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 76
Sorry to post a revised EFI again so soon, but Andrey1970 told me that I should still be using HfsPlus.efi (not OpenHfsPlus.efi) (even though OpenHfsPlus.efi is included in the OC 0.6.6 Release Pkg). OpenHfsPlus.efi is apparently not yet ready for prime time.

The OC0.6.6-EFI-r002.zip archive attached to Post #1 reverts to HfsPlus.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back