Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rafale77 Are you using @deeveedee EFI or building a diferent one?

Because I started off on OC on a different baseline, I am running a slightly different EFI than @deeveedee but they are looking more and more like one another. I just added a few things like the boot chime and a few other experiments. I also modified my BIOS with a custom apple logo.
That being said the G4 and G5 are completely identical save for the BIOS CPU microcode so you can basically use them interchangeably. The only tweak you potentially may need will be around the GPU depending on what your 3rd port is configured as. I for example am using a very different WEG patch due to my 3 DP configuration.

Hello all,
i checked out the new USBPort.kext.

Got the same Energie behavior with the front USB Ports as deeveedee.
Got the Errror/Message with different Phones. (Did you check if you got this Error on Catalina too?)

USB C is working well.

@ rafale77
could you please upload your latest config.plist too.
i use the g4 also with 3 DP. The middle one with DP/HDMI Adapter 4 my TV
My Display/Sound Config works like it should but i think, that i have unnecessary items inside.

thanks in advance as always ;)

i use the g4 also with 3 DP. The middle one with DP/HDMI Adapter 4 my TV

Once you introduce an adapter (e.g. DP > HDMI), you may find that you need different framebuffer-conX-type and/or different AAPL,ig-platform-id and/or different framebuffer-conX-busid. You may also need to add property no-hda-gfx as I have in my config.plist (since AppleALC.kext may not be happy with sleep/wake if you try sound via DP>HDMI adapter). I'm not certain about the experience you'll have with DP>HDMI, but just so you're aware. I use DP>DVI adapters and it took time/patience to find working config (moreso than if I had been using straight DP with no adapters).

@Carstimann
Here you go. I am providing my full current EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    46.7 MB · Views: 131
Hello all,

ty i will check it out.

-------------------------------------------

today, i´ve got my USB C/Mini USB C Cable

and i checked the Disk Speed with my external NVme/SSD (USB C /USB C).

I was disapointed, check out the Picture. Results are the 3 USB Ports on Frontside from middle to right, last USB C.
Tested with both devices.

I used the USBPorts.kext (With low Energie Error). Will try it tomorrow with the old Method.

Will check it in WIN too (Multiboot)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-02 um 16.32.28.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-02 um 16.32.28.png
    382 KB · Views: 73
  • config.plist.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I'd welcome some feedback on this discovery, since I've never seen this in any hackintosh patching guides.

It appears that our newer hacks do not need device HPET. See here.

You likely plugged your usb-c plug backwards... The usb-c is USB3 one way and USB2 if you plug it upside down.
I have had no problem with mine as I am using it with a 2.5GB NIC and have been able to reach >2gbit/s

You likely plugged your usb-c plug backwards... The usb-c is USB3 one way and USB2 if you plug it upside down.
I have had no problem with mine as I am using it with a 2.5GB NIC and have been able to reach >2gbit/s
Never knew that! Will have to try. Thanks!

Illustration with Hackintool using exactly the same device just flipping the connector.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.11.13.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.11.36.png

My HackMini8,1 has been running perfectly with HPET disabled as I documented here. I'm tempted to make this my new baseline (and the baseline for posted EFIs), but would like some feedback from others. Has anyone else tested their rig with HPET disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back