Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
*** Correction ***
The refactored ControlMsrE2 bundled with OC will not unlock CFGLock that is "hidden" (as is the case with our Minis).
-------------------------------------
It looks like ControlMsrE2 (derived from Brumbaer's original CFGLock Unlock tool) is going to be part of OC 0.6.8. Not sure if this refactored tool is now able to find and unlock CFGLock in our EliteDesk 800 Minis.

Last edited:
EDIT: It appears that the OC 0.6.8 config.plist is still a work in progress. I think there's a new UEFI properties block called AppleInput that includes some properties that used to be in UEFI > Input (including KeyInitialDelay and KeySubsequentDelay).
-------------------------------------
It looks like OC 0.6.8's config.plist will have two four additions:
  • Booter > Quirks > ForceBooterSignature
  • UEFI > Input > KeyInitialDelay
  • UEFI > Input > KeySubsequentDelay
  • UEFI > Output > GopPassThrough
I suspect that I'll disable ForceBooterSignature since I'm not trying to hibernate my hack.

Does anyone see any other OC 0.6.8 config.plist changes?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I just used the EFI on my Elitedesk 800 G5 mini, i5-9500T. Everything seems perfect, a really thank you for the EFI.
But it seems that i've got one bug, whenever the pc sleeps for a while, at least 30-40minutes. The screen doesn't get on again, I can even hear the noise coming from the Elitedesk, mac noises when I type the password wrong, but the screen just won't comeback. I'm using the displayport with a HDMI conversor. My version has either the VGA or two displayport. Haven't test it with the VGA tho. But if someone is having the same problem as me, well, I would be glad to know there's a fix.
Edit: I've done nothing on the EFI but change the serial number, mlb and add Intel Open kext.

@stormblessed Even if you've "done nothing on the EFI," please attach your sanitized OC EFI to your request for help. If you have "done nothing on the EFI," then your DeviceProperties are incorrect for your DP->HDMI converter. Be sure to read all Known Issues.

@stormblessed Even if you've "done nothing on the EFI," please attach your sanitized OC EFI to your request for help. If you have "done nothing on the EFI," then your DeviceProperties are incorrect for your DP->HDMI converter. Be sure to read all Known Issues.
Yeah, sorry! I think I might've skimmed it. Since everything worked out of box, I thought I wouldn't need to change the DP deviceproperties.
My G5 came with VGA port instead of HDMI, and I used it connected with a monitor via DP>HDMI. But the display I have doesn't have audio anyways.
Thanks for the info, I will try to fix that.
Also, thanks again for this EFI and guide. I've ran a fair amount of hackintoshes, but this is sure the most stable one.
One more question, did you guys manage to make bluetooth work with the Open Intel kext? I have both Intel 7265 AC and 8265 AC and both of them the Wifi works great. But the bluetooth just don't. Doesn't show/connect. I was looking for getting a Dw1560. But it's too expensive rn.
Edit: I just removed the no-hda-gfx. I will try and see if it works now.

Last edited:
@stormblessed You'll benefit from thoroughly reading Known Issues (Big Sur and Catalina). With a DP->HDMI adapter, removal of no-hda-gfx may result in kernel pacnic when waking from sleep. Read macOS installation instructions for hints on Bluetooth USB map (HS14).
Okay, I put the no-hda-gfx back. Whenever I save the config.plist it says to disable one of the USBports (either the 16 or the 14).
So, I tried without the no-hda-gfx and it didnt work. Both VGA and DP>hdmi, it takes 2-3 minutes for the screen wake even tho you can hear the sound of getting the password wrong.
I'm reading everything throughout now, I have to remap my USBkext then? I'm a bit rust to get stuff done, I used to do hackintosh back when clover was a thing. Anyway, thanks again!
Btw, this is my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 54
@stormblessed - In my experience, I have found that DisplayProperties (in OC config.plist) should match the converted adapter type (e.g. when using a DP->HDMI adapter, the port type should be HDMI). Finding the DisplayProperties for my rig (using DP->DVI adapters) was very tedious and time-consuming, because at the time, the generally accepted guidance was to completely avoid video adapters. Be patient. If you are using a single display (the DP->HDMI is your only display), you can greatly simplify your DisplayProperties by removing the unused ports and including properties only for the the DP->HDMI (using port type HDMI). It's likely that you'll still want to include no-hda-gfx to prevent kernel panic on wake (a problem when using video adapters).

Attached is an example of a config that might resemble your configuration if you are using a single display with a DP->HDMI adapter on con0.

Some helpful links:

@stormblessed Start reading here for help with USB for Bluetooth.

Attachments

• DeviceProperties.plist.zip
    1 KB · Views: 59
Btw, this is my EFI.
You want only ONE USBPorts.kext enabled in your config.plist. Looks like you currently have USBPorts.kext, USBPorts-NoHS14.kext and USBPorts-16.kext enabled. My Sample EFI attached to Post #1 includes 3 USBPorts.kext files so that you can customize your USB port map. USBPorts.kext is the same as USBPorts-NoHS14.kext (deleted HS14 which is the internal Bluetooth USB port). USBPorts-16.kext includes all 16 available USB ports (exceeding the 15-port macOS limit). USBPorts-16.kext is provided for you so that you can choose the 15 ports you want and remove the one port that you don't need.

You want only ONE USBPorts.kext enabled in your config.plist. Looks like you currently have USBPorts.kext, USBPorts-NoHS14.kext and USBPorts-16.kext enabled. My Sample EFI attached to Post #1 includes 3 USBPorts.kext files so that you can customize your USB port map. USBPorts.kext is the same as USBPorts-NoHS14.kext (deleted HS14 which is the internal Bluetooth USB port). USBPorts-16.kext includes all 16 available USB ports (exceeding the 15-port macOS limit). USBPorts-16.kext is provided for you so that you can choose the 15 ports you want and remove the one port that you don't need.
Just did that! Thanks! I deleted NoHS14 and the 16. Removed only the USB2 front usb-C which I will probably never use. If it did work as PD I would've. I deleted only the HS10, btw.
I just didn't understood why there is HS and SS. By deleting the HS10, I removed only usb2 properties of the Front USB-C. Or did I remove the USB-C completely?
For some reason I can't connect bluetooth over my Anne Pro 2 and MX ergo. But it works okay with my phone and headset.
Thanks a lot! I will dive into the DP>Hdmi whenever I've got a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back