Contribute
Register

Big Sur Installer > Comes up with "Failure while loading the installer, please download again".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B250-PLUS
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I changed to OC, works perfectly with Catalina.
I downloaded Big Sur from System Preferences, started the Installer and it only comes up with "Failure while loading the installer, please download again". Right now I'M downloading the package with gibMacOS.. strange things happen here.

I changed to OC, works perfectly with Catalina.
I downloaded Big Sur from System Preferences, started the Installer and it only comes up with "Failure while loading the installer, please download again". Right now I'M downloading the package with gibMacOS.. strange things happen here.
your nvidia is not compatible either.....

With the newest release of Big Sir (and this installer is working on a MacMini), I just receive this message saying the installer is corrupt. Whats happening here?
Alternatively, it comes up with the second attachment.

The eventlog says:

Code:
InstallAssistant[3067]: Stopped operation queue with Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=1004 "Beim Laden des Updates ist ein Fehler aufgetreten." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Beim Laden des Updates ist ein Fehler aufgetreten., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa1f2d84f30 {Error Domain=SZExtractorErrorDomain Code=2 "CRC mismatch; got: 0x4ef1f3b1 expected: 0x28018255 for file AssetData/payloadv2/payload.010" UserInfo={SZExtractorFunctionNameErrorKey=-[StreamingUnzipper _supplyBytes:length:withReply:], SZExtractorFileOffsetErrorKey=2670207025, SZExtractorSourceFileLineErrorKey=1261, NSFilePath=AssetData/payloadv2/payload.010, NSLocalizedDescription=CRC mismatch; got: 0x4ef1f3b1 expected: 0x28018255 for file AssetData/payloadv2/payload.010}}}

OC newest version, iMac Pro 1,1. If you need any more details to help, please ask for what you need.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 16.32.55.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 16.32.55.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 17.12.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 17.12.34.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
So, i finally figured it out. For anybody else having this problem:
Just reboot your system and remove the checkbox for opening every application on system startup again.

Don't ask me why, that did the trick for me. After a clean reboot, I just launched the update, no error, then it rebooted.
The first time it starts up with the installer, it came op with the error "an error occured while preparing the installation", then I just rebooted and then it worked.
Without changing anything. I hope this helps someone who's also staring at his monitor not believing what he sees.
Thanks for reading my monologue, you're welcome.

Can be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back