CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi! Yesterday I spend the day trying to install Big Sur and failing just to see, at the end of the day, that my installation usb was only 3Gb so it was not good. Now I'm making a new one and it seems to be working 'cause it's 50% and 6 Gb. While I do it I was reading about clover and opencore and I don't know wich is the best option for a fresh install. OpenCore was tricky for me at some point. It would be great if after Big Sur I can upgrade to Monterrey but not mandatory to me as my machine has yet ten years and don't care make another in the next years if necessary.

So the question is: wich one is better, OC or Clover?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Yesterday I spend the day trying to install Big Sur and failing just to see, at the end of the day, that my installation usb was only 3Gb so it was not good. Now I'm making a new one and it seems to be working 'cause it's 50% and 6 Gb. While I do it I was reading about clover and opencore and I don't know wich is the best option for a fresh install. OpenCore was tricky for me at some point. It would be great if after Big Sur I can upgrade to Monterrey but not mandatory to me as my machine has yet ten years and don't care make another in the next years if necessary.

So the question is: wich one is better, OC or Clover?

Thanks in advance!
opencore

Ok so now I get over the config.plist and started the bug sur install with no problem until the first reboot. Then nothing good happens. I've tried to start from USB but If I select macos installer from opencore menu, just reboots without continuing the install. Maybe some mistake on the config forces the early restart. Some advice would be great! Thanks in advance

The problem was that I did not made an APFS partition. After that all went like a charm, I have my big sur up and running! Now it's time to install all the working stuff! Thanks for the active help and the lots of help found here with the search tool and previous users experience. I hope it will be the last post here in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back