Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Getting this to work was a rather annoying process, as countless threads asking for help attest to. I somehow trial-and-errored my way to a configuration that works better than ever before, including a 2640x1440 resolution on the DVI port that exceeds the maximum listed in Intel's specs. Even SideCar works!

Here's the relevant section of config.plist:

XML:
<dict>
      <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
      <dict>
        <key>layout-id</key>
        <data>AQAAAA==</data>
      </dict>
      <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
      <dict>
        <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
        <data>AAA7GQ==</data>
        <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
        <data>AQAAAA==</data>
        <key>complete-modeset</key>
        <data>AQAAAA==</data>
        <key>device-id</key>
        <data>EhkAAA==</data>
      </dict>
</dict>

I'm using ig-platform-id 193B0000, not the recommended 1912000. The latter would either just turn black during boot, or not allow any resolution above 1920x1200. (Had I known that to be the official maximum, I would have probably stopped trying at that point. Ignorance is bliss!)

Also setting device-id and using the complete-modest option. I added both at the same time, and it's therefore possible that either one is enough to get it working. But I'm not going to touch it for a while just to find out.

Update: I updated. Regular installation of the Big Sur Public Beta Update from 10.15.5 worked with no actual problems. Somewhat nerve-wracking due to many reboots, several long phases without visible progress, and lots of scary messages scrolling by fast.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 2,560
Last edited:
Hi,

Sleep/WakeUP works ?

What did you do in drivers ?

Best Regards,

Matt your a life saver! Your little trick did the trick!

However with one exception. No DisplayPort output. Only working on HDMI.

Not a big deal.

At least now. I can put my 5700 XT in another build and still retain my Opencore setup on the old system
just using the onboard graphics.

Thank you

Thanks for the info, I also have Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX + i7-6700 HD530,running on High Sierra,I tried your method but no luck.
I realized that you are using laptop/mobile and laptop ACPI, is there any reason/benefit for doing so?

edited
just found the solution on
https://blog.daliansky.net/Intel-core-display-platformID-finishing.html

Intel HD Graphics 530/4K* 0x193b0005

works perfectly
will try to upgrade to Monterey

Thanks

Last edited:
ig-platform-id from 00001219 to your suggestion of 193B0000 gives my Optiplex 3040 i5 6500 to go from QHD to UHD, but with the loss of DP Audio and 2GB to 31Mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back