Contribute
Register

Big Sur Freezes constantly (Crash Report | com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B360M HD3
CPU
Intel i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently installed Big Sur, everything works great but this one thing.
it freezes for no apparent reason, it could be seconds after starting my mac or days after.

the crash reports say that it's due "com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service", and I couldn't find any fixes for that.

I've checked the config.plist everything seems to be ok.
I'm attaching my config and the crash report.

Using Opencore

Attachments

• config.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 111
  • crash.txt
    189.3 KB · Views: 151
Model: iMac19,1, BootROM 1554.60.15.0.0, 6 processors, 6-Core Intel Core i5, 2.8 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.46f12
Graphics: kHW_AMDRadeonRX580Item, Radeon RX 580,

Please don't waste people's time with misleading information in your profile.

Please don't waste people's time with misleading information in your profile.
Changed the CPU model to the right one (and edited my comment) , Please try to be a little nicer next time, I'm not trying to "waste people's time", just trying to get help with my problem.

Last edited:
If you see this, OP, what's your system.log look like? To me, it looks like our core-audio-driver crash is occurring shortly after rebooting following the freeze occurring (if that's what the uptime line indicates). I decided to look at system.log around the time the crash was recorded, and found there may be an issue related to my GPU--potentially hardware acceleration? This instance mentions Firefox but this has occurred without Firefox open in my case.

Attachments

• systemlog.txt
    39.6 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back