Contribute
Register

Big Sur...BIG Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardware acceleration is diffrent from QE/CI? because in hackintool it shows QE/CI supported and VRAM is also showing correctly,so do i need to still change just for wake issue after sleep?
Just because Hackintool shows it is supported does not mean it has been enabled - I have seen this occur on other setups. In any case Videoproc is probably a better tool to determine if the Quicksync has been enabled. Also you should try using the -igfxonln=1 setting after changing the IGPU details to see if there are any improvements.

Just because Hackintool shows it is supported does not mean it has been enabled - I have seen this occur on other setups. In any case Videoproc is probably a better tool to determine if the Quicksync has been enabled. Also you should try using the -igfxonln=1 setting after changing the IGPU details to see if there are any improvements.
i have already check with Videoproc,max resolution for H264 and HEVC is 4K,see screenshot...

1651833356279.png

Still i need to change the values to get screen wake functionality after sleep mode?

seem to be missing SS ports in your usbports.kext info.plist

normally you would have for example only HS01 and SS01 both set to USB3.0
best to read up on:

iMac19,1 would be a better choice of smbios, don't forget to change info.plist in your usbports.kext to iMac19,1 as well
I have change the SMBIOS to 19,1 system boos fine,but i need to remap my USB ports once again so i removed my mapped USB kext and use RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2018-1108 kext,but now SS ports are invisible in hackintool.

1651838292277.png

What to do now? also as per the guide xhciportlimit need to untick so after doing that USB gets completely disabled.

Please help

I have change the SMBIOS to 19,1 system boos fine,but i need to remap my USB ports once again so i removed my mapped USB kext and use RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2018-1108 kext,but now SS ports are invisible in hackintool.

View attachment 547247

What to do now? also as per the guide xhciportlimit need to untick so after doing that USB gets completely disabled.

Please help
xhciportlimit is broken in Big Sur

best to use Catalina

xhciportlimit is broken in Big Sur

best to use Catalina
Damm:cry:...i am only using big sur now,any other option recommend ,can i mapped that in windows?

Last edited:
can you make a screenshot from Hackintool... go to patch and there to connectors. thx

you can't make a usbmapping with Big Sur. you need a lower os version to do the usbmapping. usbinjectall stop working on big sur
Hold on...

I used Corpnewt USBmap in Big Sur and Monterey and it got my maps built. It doesn't need USBInjectAll nor XhciPortLimit quirk to do the mapping.

This is the first lore I've noticed that Catalina or earlier is required...

Does the most-referenced Guide to USB Portmapping here say something about a macOS version limit? I missed that (I'm not going to re-peruse that guide, so maybe it does and I missed it)

What gives?!

My recent post history includes some hints about using USBmap to fill in the somewhat ambiguous QuickStart at the USBmap github.

USBmap requires python which is a problem for latest Monterey: Apple removed it. But it can be obtained in other ways. I use macports.

Hold on...

I used Corpnewt USBmap in Big Sur and Monterey and it got my maps built. It doesn't need USBInjectAll nor XhciPortLimit quirk to do the mapping.

This is the first lore I've noticed that Catalina or earlier is required...

Does the most-referenced Guide to USB Portmapping here say something about a macOS version limit? I missed that (I'm not going to re-peruse that guide, so maybe it does and I missed it)

What gives?!

My recent post history includes some hints about using USBmap to fill in the somewhat ambiguous QuickStart at the USBmap github.

USBmap requires python which is a problem for latest Monterey: Apple removed it. But it can be obtained in other ways. I use macports.

Hi there.

To straighten out the "lore" about port mapping ...

This just refers to the fact that since Big Sur 11.3 the XhciPortLimit quirk no longer works as intended.

In the "old days" we used to use @RehabMan 's USBInjectAll.kext along with a direct port-limit removal patch to make all available motherboard ports visible for configuring. With this to hand we then selected our 15x ports and wrote a configuration file to implement this at boot.

Truth is you can use other methods to create a configuration map. If you have XML editing skills and understanding of it, you can simply decompile the relevant DSDT SSDT segment and edit it to match the ports you need, then "merge" it back into the main DSDT at boot. That is the purest way to achieve the results we want. (A guide exists for this written by one of the site owners).

Most people though have relied on a "helper". USBInjectAll and an SSDT-UIAC.aml configuration file was the most common method for many years. BUT it relies on being able to "see" all the motherboard ports. Hence the need for either a port-limit patch or more recently the XhciPortLimit quirk to achieve this.

The reason people often state that you should create your map while booted into Catalina is simply because at that point both methods were working.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back