i3 8100
Graphics
UHD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Members,

I have just Fresh Install Big sur using open core in my Coffee lake build. The build versions are open core 0.7.9 and Big sur 11.6.4.The System Definition is am using is i Mac 19,1. The first problem was not able to get big sur recovery screen after booting from USB.I have spend around 10 to 15 days to find the solution. and finally come to know that need to use DVI Insted of HDMI and some SM Bus patch need to be done in device properties,now the Display problem is resolve.
The Second problem is I have USB type C port on my Motherboard,So i want to properly map my USB ports to (resolve Sleep wake issue!) get proper speed and functionality,but only type C port is not showed in USB map and hackintool,so how can i mapped my Type C port?
I have another OS build Mojave on same system(Different SSD),on that build type C is getting detected,so I change my Big sur SM BIOS to Mac mini 8,1 (close to by build and Mojave SMbios ) and now the Screen is going blank after big sur desktop.
so can anyone able to help me to resolve mentioned issue??

Thanks and Regards,
Ritesh

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 71
you can't make a usbmapping with Big Sur. you need a lower os version to do the usbmapping. usbinjectall stop working on big sur

Ok, so once i generated my USB map file in mojave will it work on Big sur?

And what about SMBIOS, Many people have posted a successful build with mac mini SMBIOS,

So to archive that what steps need to follow? Plz help!

Thanks

I Check tomorrow... Need to sleep first. But yes, with USB mapping you can make big sur and Montery installaon. The mapping only work with Catalina or older version. The first big sur release work to, but stop working after one update.
Without mapping you will lose USB port when you boot the installer from big sur or Monterey

I Check tomorrow... Need to sleep first. But yes, with USB mapping you can make big sur and Montery installaon. The mapping only work with Catalina or older version. The first big sur release work to, but stop working after one update. Without mapping you will lose USB port when you boot the installer from big sur or Monterey

Thanks for reply,i have done USB mapping with Mojave and it is working fine as of now..
So I have now 2 pending issues.. Sleep wake does not work and SMBIOS issue...
My system goes into powersave mode automatically but after moving the mouse Or using the keyboard screen does not wake up..I think my DVI is culprit, because Using HDMI to DVI connector with SMBus data patches!
And for SMBIOS i am using 19,1, but I don't have any GPU i am just using iGPU ,so I would preferred Mac Mini 8,1 (still i am on that in mojave).

So Still struggling to sort out that issue....If anyone has a solution plz welcome!

Do the computer wakeup when you push power button ?

Yes... but not the display

Ok... Some CPU have this issue ( much skylake CPU and some other too ) the wakeup don't work and only normal graphic cards will fix this.
Upload your last Efi and I will check if we can fix more.
Now I need to drive to a river, because a friend have catch a fish and a other friend like to pick this fish up. He don't have a car, so I need to drive.

And tell me all components from your system please !!!

FYI i am using i3 8100 coffee lake CPU. And dont have Any accelatrated card. On the first post i have uploaded my EFI, there was no change since then because whenever i found anything it was useless to me
so thanks for the replies, have a safe drive!

i have set new device propertys for igpu + 2 boot args. and have add design for oc...if you don't need bootmenu you can deactivate (show bootpicker)

Hope your black screen issue good now

try this oc 0.8.0 test efi

PLEASE TEST IT WITH DISABLE BOTH ACPI PATCHES, TOO.

thanks

Attachments

• EFI-TEST OC 0.8.0.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back