Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA BA250-DS3H
CPU
i5-7600k
Graphics
GTX 710
Hi all,
Firstly thank you all for the work you are doing.
Secondly I tried to get my PC spec into the signature,but couldn't find the motherboard,maybe I need help here also

I've managed to build a Big Sur using Opencore 0.7.8 with the following configuration:
Gigabyte BA 250M-DS3H
Intel i5-7600k @ 3.8GHZ x 4
Realtek ALC887 Audio
Realtek RTL8111G Ethernet
Nvidia GT710 Graphics card

The build went OK, OPenCore steep learning curve as I've used Clover before.
I'd like to use the HDMI on the GT710 and have the option of the onboard audio as well
This was possible with Clover on Catalina.

I've attached my EFi, which contains 2 different copies of Config.plist, just learned I need to remove serial numbers, so I hope I have.
One of them give onboard audio, (Config.int-audio-only.plist), the other gives audio via the GT710 HDMI, (Config.tv.plist), but I can get one that does both, or am i asking too much.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Have you edited the NVDAResman.kext, which is present in your OC/kexts folder, in some way?

If you are running a compatible version of macOS such as Big Sur, then you shouldn't need to have the NVDAResman.kext in your OC setup, as it will already be present in the /System/Library/Extensions folder for Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.

You have an SSDT-HPET.aml present in your /OC/ACPI folder, also in both config.plist's. However you seem to be missing some important config.plist patches, which are essential if the SSDT-HPET.aml table is to work. The one patch that is present HPET_CRS to XCRS is disabled in both config's.

The config-int-audio-only.plist contains an ACPI rename patch, Rename HDAS to HDEF (Audio). This should not be required when using AppleALC.kext, as AppleALC.kext deals with this and a couple of other rename patches. Similar to how WhateverGreen.kext deals with Graphics patching.

DeviceProperties > Add sections.

I have attached screenshots of the DeviceProperties > Add section from the two configs.

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 21.17.22.png config-int-audio-only.plist

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 21.17.33.png config.tv.plist

As you haven't provided a screenshot or copy of the PCIe export data from Hackintool I have made a number of assumptions.
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)
    • I assume this is the device path for your Built-in Audio device, as opposed to the alternative and more commonly used device path PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0).
    • I say this because you have Disabled the more commonly used Audio Device path entry in both config's.
    • The fact these two Audio Devices are using different layout-id's is even more confounding.
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)
    • I assume this is the HDMI audio Device from the GT710 graphics card.
      • This device is Enabled in both config's, but they use different 'Key' entries.
      • You use 'layout-id' in config-int-audio-only.plist, where it doesn't work
      • You use 'external-audio' in config.tv.plist, where it works
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
    • This is your Kaby Lake HD630 IGPU.
    • You are using different framebuffers in the two config's.
      • AAPL,ig-platform-id > Data> <03001259> in the config-int-audio-only.plist
      • AAPL,ig-platform-id > Data > <00001259> in the config.tv.plist.
      • The <03001259> empty framebuffer is correct for your system, when discrete graphics card is present.
      • You do not need framebuffer-patch-enable or framebuffer-stolenmem when you use an empty framebuffer.
I would suggest the following:
  1. Delete the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0) device from both config's, as it is not used in either.
  2. Enable PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) with the key - layout-id > Data > <02000000>
  3. Enable PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1) with the key - external-audio > Data > <01000000>
  4. Delete the framebuffer-patch-enable and framebuffer-stolenmem keys from the IGPU device, as they are not required when the IGPU is using an empty framebuffer as you are in this setup.
Your revised DeviceProperties section should look like this:

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 21.53.28.png Revised DeviceProperties section

Hopefully this will enable the HDMI and builtin audio, plus set your system with the correct empty framebuffer for your IGPU.

Morning EdHawk,
Thank you for getting back to me.
Your assumptions about PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3), being the onboard audio was correct.
I have researched (googled) this for issue sometime, have tried lots of suggestions, so my Config.plist was a combination of several trials, (hence all the things you pointed out) and most of it went over my head, however I've learnt a lot.
Your explanation was well written and received, however I applied the changes but still no luck.
I intentend to email the config.plist again,when I get home (if you need it), meanwhile can you suggest anything else. It is still either onboard audio or HDMI on the GT710, but not both

OK, the only other thing I can think that is different is the two IGPU framebuffers.

The config.tv.plist sets the IGPU to be able to drive a display, HDMI works in this setup.
The config-int-audio-only.plist sets the IGPU with a headless/empty framebuffer, where the GT710 is used to drive a display and HDMI doesn't work.

As confirmed PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) is the ACPI path for your Realtek audio and the internal audio works with layout-id=2.

As the HDMI audio works when the IGPU is set to drive a display, maybe we need to set your DeviceProperties as shown below:

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 13.21.20.png

See what this produces regarding audio compatibility.

The alternative is to omit the DeviceProperties for the internal Audio codec. But add them as a boot argument instead, i.e. alcid=2.

Which would look like this in your config.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 13.25.45.png

NVRAM section:
Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 13.26.22.png

When you add a boot argument to a config.plist it takes a higher priority than the corresponding entry in the DeviceProperties section.

Try both, see what happens.

Hi,
I've tried both suggestions, but still getting one audio on each config.

Do you think the imac model I've chosen could make a difference?
Are all imacs (using Big Sur) capable of providing internal audio and external audio from a graphics card?

On another note is my signature configured correctly, as I couldn't find the Gigabyte B250M on the dropdown list?

Yes your Board selection in the User Profile is fine. If you search with Google for the GA BA250-DS3H board, it brings up the page for the B250M-DS3H motherboard.

This I assume is your motherboard, as Gigabyte don't have a listing for a BA 250M-DS3H board. BA is probably a Typo in the list of Gigabyte motherboards.

Yes, any Apple System natively compatible with Big Sur should be able to provide internal audio and audio via a DP/TB or a HDMI port.

What were the results from the changes I recommended in post #4? Can you post a screenshot showing the Audio report from System Information. An example of the report where the Internal and external audio is functioning would look something like the image below.
Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 21.53.49.png System Information> Audio report

Can you post screenshots of this report when using the two different config's.

Yes your Board selection in the User Profile is fine. If you search with Google for the GA BA250-DS3H board, it brings up the page for the B250M-DS3H motherboard.

This I assume is your motherboard, as Gigabyte don't have a listing for a BA 250M-DS3H board. BA is probably a Typo in the list of Gigabyte motherboards.

Yes, any Apple System natively compatible with Big Sur should be able to provide internal audio and audio via a DP/TB or a HDMI port.

What were the results from the changes I recommended in post #4? Can you post a screenshot showing the Audio report from System Information. An example of the report where the Internal and external audio is functioning would look something like the image below.
View attachment 548110 System Information> Audio report

Can you post screenshots of this report when using the two different config's.

I have a PC keyboard and just leaned how to do sccreenshot with it.
Here as shot of System Info, DPCImanager and Deviceproperties. I can send these again with the alternative Config if required
Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 21.03.31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back