Register

<< Solved >> Big Sur, AirportBrcmFixup.kext and BCM4322 Wifi card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
got mine to work using the kext from here
Patched Mojave Kext
Set MinKernel to 19.0.0

hope it helps you
@imzaki1994 or someone else. Could you explain how and where to set MinKernel? I've been banging my head trying to get same card to work in Big Sur. It worked in Catalina with a previous IO80211Family.kext in L\E. Not anymore. Also any other kexts needed.
thanks..

You don't have to set MimKernel because works with Catalina and Big Sur. Just place kext in EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other or, if you use Open Core place it in EFI>OC>Kexts. If using Open Core you must add the kext to the config list.
I did it using Open core congigurator: open config.plist with open configurator, go to kernel, hit scan/browse, go to Efi>OK>kexts and open that folder, Save.
In the same window you can set MinKernel, MaxKernel (which does a similar job to MatchOS in Clover using kernel version instead of OS version).
For me worked on both Clover and OC.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 12.41.34.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 12.41.34.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 584
I tried another card that is also supported and it didn't work as well. Then I went back and tried to follows steps I've read on several posts again. I failed to realize with OC the order of kext in kernel makes a big difference. I read someone saying on a post make sure Lilu kext is first in order. When I did that, it worked for the second card. I'm sure it would have worked for this one as well. Keeping second card in though as it also has Bluetooth capability.
Thanks for the help.

Thanks a lot, work with compiled kext from Catalina with Clover 5127.

Could you explain in more detail the solution? I had the same issue and I couldn’t follow the instructions you gave. I don’t have experience with kext and Clover. I have installed big sur os and I couldn’t copy the files. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back