Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro
CPU
i5-2451M
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 @ 384MB VRAM
Evening all.

Having some trouble with my Apple Macbook Pro (Early 2011 13" model) (yea I know its old hardware)

Anyway, having some problem where AirPlay isnt working even though its enabled to show in taskbar.

The background behind the device is I used a hackintosh version to upgrade it from High Sierra (supported end release) to Big Sur (unsupported).

OK so now Ive got Big Sur on the device and it's running but unfortunately AirPlay doesnt wanna work.

AirPlay is supported on the device but I cant get it to run.

What information can I provide to you guys to try and get it to work. Can I produce any system reports to try and track the issue down and since Im a complete noob to this, is there any advice the community can give so I can become a more capable user?

Thanks for the support guys.....

Evening all.

Having some trouble with my Apple Macbook Pro (Early 2011 13" model) (yea I know its old hardware)

Anyway, having some problem where AirPlay isnt working even though its enabled to show in taskbar.

The background behind the device is I used a hackintosh version to upgrade it from High Sierra (supported end release) to Big Sur (unsupported).

OK so now Ive got Big Sur on the device and it's running but unfortunately AirPlay doesnt wanna work.

AirPlay is supported on the device but I cant get it to run.

What information can I provide to you guys to try and get it to work. Can I produce any system reports to try and track the issue down and since Im a complete noob to this, is there any advice the community can give so I can become a more capable user?

Thanks for the support guys.....
i have moved your post to MacBookPro section

I know this is a self driven forum, but has anyone had any thoughts on this at all?

I don't know if your hardware supports AirPlay.

I had AirPlay running before I upgraded it. I had High Sierra running on the device beforehand and AirPlay was working on it then.

I created a USB boot stick with Big Sur installation from a working Mac Air.

Changed the EFI partition so it uses OpenCore rather than standard bootx86.efi.

Created a config.plist to the right Mac Version (8,1) with the right serial number. Installed the right Kexts (Lilu, WhatsGreen) and a few other kexts.

I needed to get the DSTs just to boot everything as well which I did from the OpenCore website.

Then used that USB stick to install on a Macbook Pro.

Hope that gives it a bit more background and sheds some lights on questions.

I don't know if your hardware supports AirPlay.

It does as it was working with High Sierra.

Just not now Ive used a custom upgrade to Big Sur......

Somethings not right and I dunno where to begin......

If your Wireless controller is Atheros it is no longer supported.
HD 3000 graphics are unsupported in Big Sur.

If your Wireless controller is Atheros it is no longer supported.
HD 3000 graphics are unsupported in Big Sur.

Good call. :thumbup:

There are always under-the-hood reasons why an early machine is not supported by later macOSs.

Even though an old machine can run, it is perhaps overly optimistic to expect all those Apple extras like, hand-off, continuity, drm playback, AirDrop and AirPlay 2 to keep working as before as well.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back