Contribute
Register

Big Sur 11.7.10 on old ivy bridge

Tried to update to Big Sur 11.6.6 and yet it did not show in software update (system preferences).

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 9.27.53 AM.png

then I ran disk utility and did "First Aid" on the macOS partition and finally it showed the update...
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.07.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.08.40 AM.png

Finally, without any issues the update went very well...
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 11.05.59 AM.png

Cheers...

I’m also on ivy bridge and updated to 11.6.7 today. Everything continues to work great, except my Bluetooth hardware information suddenly disappeared from system information, and I’ve lost Bluetooth functionality when I upgraded from 11.6.5 to 11.6.6. I’m a using a fenvi fv-t919 for Bluetooth and wifi. Other Specs to the left and in signature…… I’m wondering if I need to update opencore to get my Bluetooth back. New settings seem to appear in subsequent opencore releases within the config.plist.

I’m also on ivy bridge and updated to 11.6.7 today. Everything continues to work great, except my Bluetooth hardware information suddenly disappeared from system information, and I’ve lost Bluetooth functionality when I upgraded from 11.6.5 to 11.6.6. I’m a using a fenvi fv-t919 for Bluetooth and wifi. Other Specs to the left and in signature…… I’m wondering if I need to update opencore to get my Bluetooth back. New settings seem to appear in subsequent opencore releases within the config.plist.
Hi LoveAppleTimmu,
I'm not that familiar with fv-t919, but when I Google it, it use BCM94360 chipset.
Have you tried or followed the instruction from this :

Usually I update my kexts rather than upgrade my opencore to higher version since I have old computer.

My kexts are updated. I’ll check out that guide. Thank you.
Bluetooth had been working fine until 11.6.6…. The chipset is still supported.

Can you share EFI? Thank you

Can you share EFI? Thank you
Hi Hacktoshdia,

Sorry for a late response. You can use the EFI I attached in this post
The EFI uses SMBios iMac 17,1 so you can change it to iMac 15,1
But, I'm not sure whether you can use my EFI since your hardware specs is different....

Cheers

Back