JBX

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
bigsur113update.png

Update but stuck at iCloud sign in screen due to loss of USB 3.x ports (mouse and keyboard). Forced restarted and still no mouse or keyboard. Checked other ports and found usb 2.0 ports working which were off in my OpenCore port mapping kext. Replaced with USBInjectAll but still same issue only 2.0 ports working. My backup 11.2.3 (before I updated today) works fine. I use latest OpenCore with iMac20,1 SMBIOS

Something has changed.:problem:

update: I tested with latest Hackintool and thumb drive plugging into any 3.x port dose not show up.

Last edited:
Update but stuck at iCloud sign in screen due to loss of USB 3.x ports (mouse and keyboard). Forced restarted and still no mouse or keyboard. Checked other ports and found usb 2.0 ports working which were off in my OpenCore port mapping kext. Replaced with USBInjectAll but still same issue only 2.0 ports working. My backup 11.2.3 (before I updated today) works fine. I use latest OpenCore with iMac20,1 SMBIOS

Something has changed.:problem:

I've also lost the USB 3 ports after the update. USB 2 works. Using iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

blindowl, thanks for confirming... I tried latest hackintool and tested ports with thumb drive but no recognition.

Me too. USB 3.0 are gone. This ASRock B365M-ITX/ac motherboard doesn't have any USB 2.0 to be able to run a mouse or keyboard.

Reactions: JBX
Same situation here with Asus Z490 Tuf Gaming Plus Wifi, no more USB, but ok with my clone made just before the update... looking for a solution...

It came out a while ago but addresses the usb ports issue with 11.3. This issue has kinda been known for a while it just took that long for 11.3 to be released.

david279, Thank you. Setting XhciPortLimit to false in OC config file worked. However now even the excluded ports in my mapping kext work.

Last edited:
My front panel USB ports (x2) both are dead. However most of all the ports (USB3) on the back are working, plus one USB2 working, one USB2 dead. Even though I changed XhciPortLimit to false in config.plist, it still won't change anything.

If you can go back to older OS and create a USBMap then you might be ok. It seems USBInjectall needs an update otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back