I9 10900K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tomorrow I will try and install Big Sur 11.1 because of the RX 6800 drivers.
I’m completely new to hackintoshing, is it even possible at this time with this hardware?

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
i9 10900k
128 GB HyperX Predator 3600 MHz RAM
Powercolor Radeon RX 6800 AMD
Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3
Fenvi T919 wireless
Corsair mp600 1 TB
LG 5k ultrafine

Last edited:
Tomorrow I will try and install Big Sur 11.1 because of the RX 6800 drivers.
I’m completely new to hackintoshing, is it even possible at this time with this hardware?

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
i9 10900k
128 GB HyperX Predator 3600 MHz RAM
Powercolor Radeon RX 6800 AMD
Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3
Fenvi T919 wireless
Corsair mp600 1 TB
Keep us posted.

I see you have 128GB. Where are you planning to use this hackintosh for?

This hardware is frequently used in recent hackintosh builds. Only the RX 6800 has not been succesfully done.

Keep us posted.

I see you have 128GB. Where are you planning to use this hackintosh for?

This hardware is frequently used in recent hackintosh builds. Only the RX 6800 has not been succesfully done.
I will use Windows for after effects and premiere pro, but if I can get a fairly stable Big Sur going, I will use that instead.
I know 128 GB sounds like a lot, but I had a project recently where 64 GB was just too little. It involved 4K 1000 fps phantom footage and a lot of rotoscoping and effects. So I felt like going for 128 GB this time. I also have a lot of automated encoding and project creation going on in the background, so I guess it won’t hurt.

I will use Windows for after effects and premiere pro, but if I can get a fairly stable Big Sur going, I will use that instead.
I know 128 GB sounds like a lot, but I had a project recently where 64 GB was just too little. It involved 4K 1000 fps phantom footage and a lot of rotoscoping and effects. So I felt like going for 128 GB this time. I also have a lot of automated encoding and project creation going on in the background, so I guess it won’t hurt.
It probably won’t. ;)

I also want to build a new hackintosh. But I’m still not sure what hardware I want to use.

Could build exactly the same hardware you mention or wait for beginning next year. And hope Intel Rocket Lake is even much faster and capable of hackintosh.

It probably won’t. ;)

I also want to build a new hackintosh. But I’m still not sure what hardware I want to use.

Could build exactly the same hardware you mention or wait for beginning next year. And hope Intel Rocket Lake is even much faster and capable of hackintosh.
I actually consider doing that upgrade to get PCIe 4.0 going for the Corsairs on top of the better cpu.
Would make sense to wait I guess, but my current 2015 Mac started to do kernel panics and ethernet just stopped working, so I decided to push my plans forward before it dies on me.

I actually consider doing that upgrade to get PCIe 4.0 going for the Corsairs on top of the better cpu.
Would make sense to wait I guess, but my current 2015 Mac started to do kernel panics and ethernet just stopped working, so I decided to push my plans forward before it dies on me.

Greetings from Jpn.

MeToo - I decided to go the Rocket-Lake world - rather than the comet-Lake world.
The reason why I should wait for coming Rocket-Lake, is to get the high speed I/O capability with PCIe 4.0.
It is very sad for me that AMD has already provided the world of PCIe 4.0 - but the Interl is so slow (and sleeping ?) to provide us the PCIe 4.0 world.

There is some benefit the change ( from RX 570 to RX 5700 XT , but it is a small point for me.
Just dreaming to utilize the monster power of PowerCOlor RX6800 XT ( triple slot board-body ) on the Rocke-Lake matherboard.

I really woul like to ask you - pls "Keep us posted".

One more thing - about my Hacintosh environment for your information.

Bootloader : Opencore 0.6.4 with significant kexts, drivers, ACPIs
Establised and using macoS : Big Sur 11.1 beta, and Catalina.7
Display: EIZO EV2750 ( vertical style )

Greetings from Jpn.

MeToo - I decided to go the Rocket-Lake world - rather than the comet-Lake world.
The reason why I should wait for coming Rocket-Lake, is to get the high speed I/O capability with PCIe 4.0.
It is very sad for me that AMD has already provided the world of PCIe 4.0 - but the Interl is so slow (and sleeping ?) to provide us the PCIe 4.0 world.

There is some benefit the change ( from RX 570 to RX 5700 XT , but it is a small point for me.
Just dreaming to utilize the monster power of PowerCOlor RX6800 XT ( triple slot board-body ) on the Rocke-Lake matherboard.

I really woul like to ask you - pls "Keep us posted".
Greetings!

So I’ve now succesfully installed Big Sur 11.1, but like the other posts in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/failed-radeon-rx-6800-xt-big-sur.306736/ the card is not running accelerated. I’m too much of a newb to make it work by myself. But if anyone have a suggestion, I’m all in for trying.

Greetings!

So I’ve now succesfully installed Big Sur 11.1, but like the other posts in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/failed-radeon-rx-6800-xt-big-sur.306736/ the card is not running accelerated. I’m too much of a newb to make it work by myself. But if anyone have a suggestion, I’m all in for trying.
Hi, I have no luck booting big sur with my 6800XT running 11.1 beta as well, I'm stuck at the apple logo just like on 11.0.1. I'm booting fine with my VEGA64.
Can you post your config.plist file so I can see what you did that I did not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back