Contribute
Register

Big Sur 11.1 Update Not Showing Up in System Preferences Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably and you should run csrutil status on Terminal to check if SIP is enabled. If it remains disabled, you will need to enter Recovery to enable SIP.

For OpenCore users, BlacklistAppleUpdate should be enabled first to see if Software Update has become functional again.
Thanks!

I've enabled both BlacklistAppleUpdate quirk and the SIP, the problem has been fixed now.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
I tried to update to opencore 0.6.4, i tried to disable SIP, i tried to enable or disable BlacklistAppleUpdate, but nothing. Any solutions? Thanks

I tried to update to opencore 0.6.4, i tried to disable SIP, i tried to enable or disable BlacklistAppleUpdate, but nothing. Any solutions? Thanks
hi i find the good solutions,
use opencore
  1. edit config.plist ,set csr-active-config to 00000000
  2. the csr-active-config is save in nvram, u should reset nvram then boot macosc
    use opencore CleanNvram.efi in opencore boot ui, select reset nvram and CleanNvram
  3. boot macos. u can good work

Did you ever resolve this? I am having software update problems after updating to opencore 7.7

I have the same issue with 11.6.3, i'm on 11.6.2 and I got the download, then rebooted and nothing. At first it hung (spinning...spinning... no updates) Then I booted into recovery disabled csrutil and then deleted /Library/Updates. That got me the new Safari update only (no 11.6.3). Since then I've done diskutil check volumes. Then I did a remove on /private/var/folders/ no luck. BlacklistAppleUpdate is set to YES in opencore config
csr-active-config to 00000000 CONFIRMED good in opencore config.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue. Also confirmed all the settings are set to what the community here is recommending. Is there anything else to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back