Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elite 6300 Pro SFF
CPU
i5-3470S
Graphics
GT 710
Is it weird for some people to not receive the macOS 11.1 update (Want to update from 11.0.1 (20B28))

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 08.39.48.png

How do i rebuild cache

Use these terminal commands:

Repair permissions in /S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) and /L/E (Library/Extensions) folders

Type each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

Rebuild Kext Cache

Type the following command in the Terminal:
  • sudo kextcache -i /
Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.

Easiest way to get these commands right when entering them in to Terminal is to copy and paste each line, one at a time and press enter after pasting the line of text to activate it.

Alternatively use Hackintool app > Utilities > Rebuild kextcache and Repair Permissions icon (furthest right bottom row), as highlighted with the RED box in the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 15.31.45.png

I just remembered that you need to mount the OS drive in 'Read/Write' mode before you can undertake the Terminal processes above, on Big Sur and Catalina. The Hackintool > Utilities tab > third icon from the right will do this for you.

Last edited:
Is it weird for some people to not receive the macOS 11.1 update (Want to update from 11.0.1 (20B28))

View attachment 502378
Can you please share the output of below commands after running it on Terminal.

Bash:
system_profiler SPHardwareDataType |grep 'Model Identifier'

Bash:
ls -ltr ~/Library/Caches/|grep com.apple.appstore

Bash:
ls -ltr ~/Library/Preferences/ |grep appstore

Bash:
sudo find /private/var/folders -name com.apple.appstore

Bash:
softwareupdate -l

Last edited:
Re-enable SIP and rebuild cache.
Hi!

Does it mean if we want to get the update we must enable SIP by using 00000000 for NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config?

Thanks!

Hi!

Does it mean if we want to get the update we must enable SIP by using 00000000 for NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config?

Thanks!
Probably and you should run csrutil status on Terminal to check if SIP is enabled. If it remains disabled, you will need to enter Recovery to enable SIP.

For OpenCore users, BlacklistAppleUpdate should be enabled first to see if Software Update has become functional again.

Use these terminal commands:

Repair permissions in /S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) and /L/E (Library/Extensions) folders

Type each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

Rebuild Kext Cache

Type the following command in the Terminal:
  • sudo kextcache -i /
Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.

Easiest way to get these commands right when entering them in to Terminal is to copy and paste each line, one at a time and press enter after pasting the line of text to activate it.

Alternatively use Hackintool app > Utilities > Rebuild kextcache and Repair Permissions icon (furthest right bottom row), as highlighted with the RED box in the screenshot below:

View attachment 502425

I just remembered that you need to mount the OS drive in 'Read/Write' mode before you can undertake the Terminal processes above, on Big Sur and Catalina. The Hackintool > Utilities tab > third icon from the right will do this for you.
I have same issue

I did the above instruction using terminal but no luck

I found that I have to update OC

but I have no idea how to update it

I tried but EFI broke ( I already backup it)

any small help here!

I have same issue

I did the above instruction using terminal but no luck

I found that I have to update OC

but I have no idea how to update it

I tried but EFI broke ( I already backup it)

any small help here!
Try to follow the steps of updating OpenCore. The quirk BlacklistAppleUpdate enabled since 0.6.4 is very critical for Software Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back