Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
HD 4600
Hello

My hackintosh keeps restarting itself without even showing something on the screen.

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z87 HD3
CPU : Intel i5 4670 (non k)
Ram : Crucial ballistix tactical 2x4 gb
SSD : Crucial M500 120GB
HDD : WD Red 500GB
Power : Corsair CX 600 Watt
Case : Sharkoon vaya value ATX Case

Using the integrated graphics HD4600

Everytime i turn it on the the fans start spinning exept the cpu fan ( tho it works i checked that )
Then immediately it restarts, and does this over and over again.

So i started checking if everything is seated well, and it is.

I thought maybe its a hard drive or ssd, unplugged the hard drive, and now its turning on, fans are spinning including the cpu fan. But still no screen ! when i turn it of while pressing the power button for a few sec it goes of and then restarts again....

I also unplugged the Hard drive and it does the same thing.

I also tryd to put the 2 ram stick in the other 2 slots, same thing, tryd using one ram stick, still the same.

Also there is not a single bleep.

Also last week i installed yosemite

I am completely stressing out and have no idea what to do, please help :(

UPDATES:

- Disconnected HDD and SSD, and left in 1 ram stick.
- Cleared out all the dust and made sure nothing is shorting out my mobo.
- Left out ram stick
- Reseted the CMOS with a jumper and even took out the battery for some time.
- Checked the cpu for damage and reaplied thermal paste.
- Checked different ram Slot
- Checked if i could get into bios with another power supply
At this point i got rapid continuous short beeps, then it restarts and beeps,restart,beeps over and over.
- Lastly disconnected power cable, reseted cmos again, put my ram stick in the 3rd slot and pressed down the power button for like 30 seconds, turned it on and voila i got into bios.
Put in my other ram stick aswell, and got into bios again.

So eventually i still don't know what the problem was, corrupted bios? bad ram slot? Some kind of power malfunction?

Mistake i made was that i didnt check the ram good enough and probably didn't check all the slots.

Hope this helps some people with the same issues

Greetz,
Jacobus

NEW THREAD: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/172994-no-startup-no-beep-no-screen.html

Last edited:
Please read the Rules :
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

You might try a CMOS reset :
Remove the power lead from the computer.
Remove the chrome coin shaped battery from its socket on the motherboard for a few seconds.
Reinstall the battery.
Refit the power lead.
Power on.

By the way, this morning i had the same problem, but when i removed all the usb stuff exept for my mouse and keyboard it worked again.

I noticed that when it happenned this morning it stayed on for a little while longer before it restarted again, now when i turn it on (with the hdd and ssd installed) it restarts like in 4 sec.

I try'd it again this morning, with no ssd and hdd installed it goes on, but no bleep and no screen.
Does this rule out any hardware? I gues i could try changing the ram, but that would mean both my ram sticks would have died at the same time, thats weird right? If my cpu was overheating it probably would not stay on for so long right now. Could it be the motherboard then?

Hi,

Are you actually seeing anything from the BIOS when it's booting or is it just dead?

If it's just blank... from what you've said so far, the only time I've seen this is from cooked CPU. They can come on for seconds then die.

Could also be a failed PSU but less likely.

Regards,

Dz

Hey man, yeah i really get nothing on the screen, its just blank.
But without the hdd and ssd connected it stays on as long as i let it.
Fans start spinning just as it would normally do but thats it no bleeps no screen.

Also i just tried starting it up without the RAM memory in it and still no bleeps, screen.

Shorting is also not happening cause i installed the mobo properly and is not touching the case anywere.

I gues the next thing i should do is check the CPU ?

Also these were my cpu temps under minimal load, it would go up to 60 under full load.

Any suggestions for what i should be looking for on my cpu? Except for it being turned into black burned cpu of hell....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 19.04.10.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 19.04.10.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 130
BTW Why is it that when the hdd and ssd are connected that it goes on for 4 sec and then start rebooting over and over, but when i disconnect the ssd and hdd it comes on and stays on till i hold power buttonand shut if off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back