Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
1Z3GNnr.jpg
Can anyone help me with this? I booted into the Unibeast Installer with no problems, I booted from the Unibeast drive into the El Capitan partition on my HDD, installed Clover and some drivers in Multibeast, and on reboot, I get this screen when I try to boot verbose from my Unibeast drive. If I try to just boot into Clover Macintosh.efi from the BIOS, I get a message that says something like "Please insert bootable media...".

EDIT: After fiddling with BIOS settings some more, it's working just fine. I did "Load Optimized Defaults", changed SATA mode to AHCI, and it's working well now. I'm going to tweak some with Clover to see if I can get it stable (following this guide), so I'll report back if I run into any more problems.

Last edited:
So it seems that the issue arises whenever I boot into my Windows 7 partition. I'm guessing that Windows installed its own bootloader to the EFI partition, so whenever I try to restart from Windows, it takes priority over the Clover bootloader, so it goes directly into Windows; when I force it to use Clover (by booting from my unibeast USB drive), that's things get messed up. If this is the case, is there a way to permanently remove the Windows boot manager from my EFI partition, so Clover always handles everything?

4. Freeze or hang on apple logo, progress bar, prohibited sign, or grey/white screen
If asking for help, boot in verbose mode (navigate to the entry you want to boot on the Clover menu, hit space bar, and select "Boot Mac OS X in verbose mode...") and add a photo of the screen where it hangs to your post.

Below is a picture when booting in verbose mode. I have tried different things to get it to work with no luck. Any helps is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

File_000 (1).jpeg

Below is a picture when booting in verbose mode. I have tried different things to get it to work with no luck. Any helps is greatly appreciated.

See this guide section 4 under "Prohibited ...."

Intermittent Prohibited Sign after Apple symbol, not present before bios update help please!
I installed latest Apple security patch for 10.11.6 and the latest Nvidia driver for my GTX 750. Which is now fixed for the build change error with version 2. After the video driver is loaded I get an intermittent not permitted sign after the apple symbol upon boot. If I restart a few times it completes. I ran in Verbose and this is what it says: Read error 0x7 Error loading Kernel Cache (0x7) Boot failed sleep for 10 secs before exiting. Can you help me with this error why is it occurring? I have OsxAptioFix2Dev installed. Also this no permitted boot error came up after updating bios to latest F8 which gives support for generation 5 processors. (I am running a version 4 processor) system definition is 14.2 and I did not have this prohibited sign boot problem with the shipping bios F2 and I does not occur until the Nvidia driver is installed. I have a ATX version of this board Z97x gaming 7 with F8 and running a GTX 960 and has no booting problems. This is a clean reinstall of OS 10.11.6.

Last edited:
http://imgur.com/a/6Mq7U

I need help with getting this working. Without verbose mode, it hangs up about 2/3 the way through on the black screen with the Apple logo. The linked pictures are from booting in verbose mode.

View attachment 202981

TRIED USING THE ALL THE SETTING, AND EVEN TRIED THE SOLUTION LIST UP,
BUT STILL NOT ABLE TO GET PAST THE ABOVE SCREEN.

I have the same problem, I really don't know how to fix it. I searched and worked for hours on this problem but I can't solve it.
It happened with my lenovo l540 even with kernelPM set to true

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with this? It's my first time installing Mac OS. Installation won't push through. :(:banghead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back