Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not (UEFI) boot my El Capitan install USB stick in spite of many tips and tricks. My Gigabyte board simply didn't 'see' a UEFI USB stick and I could not get the (non UEFI) El Capitan installer to load as seen many times. I had a spare 2,5" HDD and a 2,5" enclosure: same story. After many, many hours of fiddling, I decided to install the HDD as a SATA HDD. All over sudden my Gigabyte board did recognize a UEFI HDD. And... Yes, it also booted the El Capitan installer 'flagless' and flawless. Back as USB disk (USB2 and USB3): the Gigabyte board still recognized a UEFI HDD but no longer booted the El Capitan installer. There's something rotten in the UEFI/USB state of Gigabyte.

(I did not install. I've been a happy El Capitan user for months now!)

Last edited:
Ah, the wonderful world of UEFI. :D I guess I'm lucky that I went with Legacy boot. (I'm not so lucky at work, though. :( ) [I originally booted my UEFI-USB stick in the UEFI-USB boot selection and when I initially installed OSX I named it MAC OSX. When I switched to the non-UEFI-USB boot selection and named it El Capitan the BIOS boot selection still showed MAC OSX. I couldn't get rid of it until I selected UEFI-USB, went into the Clover UEFI Shell and issued a 'bcfg boot rm xx' command. Presto, "MAC OSX" disappeared from my Boot selection. (I also noticed that if I installed Legacy with UEFI-USB that after I installed the nVidia Web Driver that my BIOS would not be at 2560x1440 (my display res) but the BIOS itself was not supposed to do more than 1900x1080 or 720 res.)

In your case you could have reset the BIOS, booted into the USB, gone to the Clover UEFI Shell and issued a Reset command, powered off (hold the power button in over 4 seconds). powered up, then get back into the BIOS to see if it now saw UEFI devices. Hopefully that would have cleared "it".

http://www.sysadminshare.com/2012/01/efi-shell-commands.html

When it comes to USB ports and mobos, did you try all the USB ports. On my ASRock Z97 Extrme 4 board the USB ports under the NIC connector is on a separate, non-Intel USB controller, not the Intel USB controller. Look at your manual...

Last edited:
I am relatively new to hackintosh, however I did manage to get past the install process one time. Now I cannot get the usb drive to boot the hfs partition I installed El Capitan on. It kernel panics and reboots before I can see what it says. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to create a dsdt and ssdt to ensure a proper boot, but I am not sure if I have done it correctly. I could really use some assistance from the community. Thanks for the replies in advance.

System specs:
Intel core i7 skylake 6700 processor
12gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram
250gb ssd
GeForce gtx 650

Can send detailed specs if needed

Just guessing... Did you remember to disable the serial port in BIOS?
Trying to make a new thread but spam control has said I should contact moderator.. post contains info about nickwoodham's solution for alocaterelocblock using new aptiofix not included in latest clover as of 070716 and my personal struggle with asus x99-s 5820k 950gtx install endeavour

Hey guys, first time posting here, but I've been lurking a while. I'm on X99 with 2 Titan Xs and a Asus Sound card in the PCI lanes. Even after entering the bootflags: dart=0 -v npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1 Clover still hangs on "PCI Configuration Begin" before I can get to the installation screen. I've also pasted the test2.efi (from this site: https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackin...relocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/) into /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI PLEASE HELP! :)

Last edited:
Tip:
Tag keyword: Slow Shutdown

I updated Clover to latest version, 4.31 and Clover_v2_3599. Shutdown now took over 30 seconds instead of the usual 4 seconds.

I mounted the disc EFI, double clicked the .plist and went to the Install Drivers section on the left side. I unchecked grayed boxes and then checked them on again. This deleted the file, downloaded a new copy and wrote them to the disc EFI.

When I exited and shutdown it now shuts down in about 2 seconds.

Clover Configurator: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/
Clover EFI Bootloader: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Last edited:
I have an Intel i7 930 Processor on an Intel Desktop Board (DX58SO) with 4GB DDR3 RAM. The video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1GB). My system boots Clover but when i hit "Boot Mac OSX" it shows a stop sign. I then read a few comments and managed to Boot In Verbose Mode but each time it gave me a different text (or I'm just not good with code). I have attached pictures for reference. Please help.

IMG_3891.JPG IMG_3893.JPG IMG_3896.JPG IMG_3899.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

TRIED USING THE ALL THE SETTING, AND EVEN TRIED THE SOLUTION LIST UP,
BUT STILL NOT ABLE TO GET PAST THE ABOVE SCREEN.

Good morning!

Been having a heck of a time trying to decipher the steps required to fix the Realtek1150 output on my mobo. Have run the Clover ALC command, with this result:

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0r10
Release Mode
Password:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed

As I have read on other posts, the next step would be to open config.plist and check "FixHDA" under ACPI. I have not used Clover Configurator ever before. Do I need to populate ALL required fields in the other sections as well? Or just check that one and save?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back