Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've a problem with the function " see all open Windows", randomly activates this function of the currently active window. Sometimes it does 3-4 times in a row, turns on and off the window quickly that I'm using. This is happening after the last update 10.11.3 combo, is a case or it may be a bug?
Thanks a lot for your support

IMG_2833.JPGIMG_2832.JPG

Once I the install of El Capitan finished I get stuck in an endless boot loop. I tried booting in verbose and safe mode but neither of those options helped. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

MSI Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboard
Intel I5 3330
8 GB Ram
Samsung 840 HD

Attachments

• IMG_2408.jpg
    IMG_2408.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 117
El Capitan finished installing asks for reboot and won't boot

So I finished installing it but when it restarts it lasts 5 seconds and starts to restart again and gets in some sort of a loop constantly reboot. Maybe it's the PSU?

Z77MX-D3H TH Cant get clover to work

Hi all,
Been running legacy for the 2 previous osx versions.
I have i would say, the bare minumum knowledge to get stuff working, and clover has put me over the edge.:banghead:
Ive tried following the guides for standard creation of the USB using uefi only clover option.
generally i often get error allocating 0x46b0 pages....

I can sometimes boot the USB, install, but i cant boot the system drive. (im doing an upgrade, not clean install)

What i havent done:
Moved any kext etc

Best regards
Suras

Very useful tips, big thanks!

• If you can boot from USB but not system drive, and one of the drives is using CoreStorage (e.g. from an old software RAID or encrypted drive setup) and you can do without it:
    • Boot from the install USB to El Capitan (or Recovery)
    • Open Terminal
    • Run "diskutil list" to see all drives
    • Run "diskutil corestorage revert /dev/diskX" (where X is the drive with CoreStorage)
    • Install Clover again to the El Capitan drive
I had the same problem as above and Clover did not even install onto the HD. I followed the above guideline (had to reboot, though), but finally not I have a perfect system.

Helpful tip... Do not run repair permissions!

Every time I do, it screws up the video setting and locks the boot process.

I'm sure it has to do with the /var/db/displaypolicyd as it is one that is fixed. What is strange is that on some Macs and Hackinmacs, the owner/group is _displaypolicyd, but on some it is root/wheel.

When it is set to root/wheel on my system, it will not boot.

Successfully installed El Captain using this guide, I may of found a solution to one of your problems listed.

• If it's a panic just after ACPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5, that's come up a few times, but no clear solution yet

I was installing El Cap onto a SSD. I had my original Os on a regular old HD. When I tried to install El Cap and migrated all settings apps and files I got the error above when trying to boot after install.

The Solution, don't copy over files and settings. Apps are fine but nothing else. I haven't a clear solution but its a work around. Install and copy everything over manually. Boom you are done and you avoid the problem above.

Hope this helps someone. Cause I have got a lot of help from people on these forums over the years. Thanks you to everyone.

Hi, I have been having this issue for 6 months and could really use your help. Ever since I updated higher than 10.10.2 my Radeon 7950's (one by sapphire the other is MSI) no longer work. They are supposed to be natively compatible. When I boot up normally I get the screen in the first image, to boot up I InjectATI and put a FakeID 0x00000001 and that will allow me to boot with just my iGPU working but will sometime get stuck at the second image. Also if I delete my x4000 kext, all my screens will work but the screens attached to the Radeons have no acceleration (move like they are in safe boot). Any ideas on what might be the cause and how to fix it? Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you shortly!
IMG_4179.jpgIMG_4180.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back