Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
The install was a breeze, and nearly everything works out of the box. The only things that don't seem to work are:

1) Dialog boxes or other actions don't appear when hovering over something with the cursor.
2) The escape key doesn't work.

I suspect the 2nd thing has to do with my keyboard, as the escape key didn't work when I had ubuntu installed previously. Is there any fix for either of these?

My specs:

Intel NUC5i5RYK, OSX 10.11 El Capitan, Logitech Harmony Hub Smart Keyboard connected via bluetooth (bluetooth actually works for me, which is great).

Hi community, I need your help. I'm using Rampage V with i7 5930k, Clover bootloader on 10.11 and I have issue with sleep. My sleep issue is slightly different; when I click on sleep the screen turn off/goes in standby mode but everything keeps running as normal (fans keeps running, all lights on etc..) and it won't sleep. I have noticed that the red optical laser beneath my mouse turns off but if I press a click it will turn the laser back on, letting me assuming that it did somekind of turning USB off... but nothing would happen to the computer level until I press reset switch. Also note that for my USB I am using RehabMan's provided XHCI x99. The same scenario would happen whether using FAKE CPUID and NullCPUPowerManagement or not. I have browsed all over the net and really can't figure out why sleep isn't working.

Your help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Made install from my MPRO with unibeast and el capitan, install went fine after I set my SATA disks to AHCI. After first reboot I'm getting a "boot0ss: error", it wont start from USB anymore or does anything else. Computer is responsive. Getting a bit lost in all the info on this website, what to do?

edit: I'm an idiot, I thought the USB stick got broken, but it was not, I just did not realise it was not picked up by the motherboard to be started -before- the hdd. Selecting the proper boot order menu was enough to get things rolling again.

Okay, I think I have kind of figured out what is causing sleep not working in El Capitan 10.11.3 on x99 motherboard like in my case I'm using ASUS Rampage V Extreme with Haswell-E 5930k assuming that FakeCPUID (in my casse 0x0306E4) is being used to enable AppleIntelCpuPowerMangement.kext to get loaded and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is in Clover Kext folder to avoid kernel panic. To begin with, I'm using all the methods provided by RehabMan http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html Though it is a "Laptop" forum, it still covers x99, follow this guide. When I put the machine in sleep while having a pen drive plugged in, sleep will fail and according to the motherboard's behavior I can notice that it is trying to sleep but failing and nothing will respond from now on until reset. Strangely, if I have nothing connected to the USB port except keyboard and mouse, I am able to successfully make the machine sleep an wake up. This let me assume that the USB is the culprit here! Editing the DSDT to make XWAK do nothing doesn't fix this though! May be I'm doing something wrong here and may be we could have the gurus here to help us out.

Hans

Hi guys I hope some of you can help me out. I'm trying to do a fresh install but always end up at a grey screen. Previously I tried to just update and restart to mac install and it shows the same grey blank screen. No mouse nothing but a blank screen.

Here are the screen grab from verbose mode. Currently running Clover on os 10.7.5

Attachments

• 2016-01-28 12.25.25.jpg
    2016-01-28 12.25.25.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 2016-01-28 12.26.24.jpg
    2016-01-28 12.26.24.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 120
ASRock H77 motherboard can not install with clover UEFI, only USB.

Help me, please. I can not install UEFI clover asrock h77, only via USB, even I tried the tutorial to get ASRock UEFI on plates with linux, but it did not work, I H77 motherboard pro4 / mvp

Hello

did a fresh install of 10.11 using Clover and after that cant boot using hard drive => getting kernel panic.
My hackintosh is Asus P6T Deluxe x58 core i7.
I use Nvidia geforce 210 and TP-Link WDN4800 which both should work out of the box.

Please help

IMG_1756.jpg

thanks in advance

I'm getting stuck installing El Cap

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 351
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 129
Status