Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
TYVM gonna get this thing done on my sick day lol!

sucess el capitan gigabyte z77x up5 th with solution to problems with nvidia gtx 980 ti

the system error that causes the osx sleep and reboot is a matter of screenresolution.
Basically I just changed the resolution of 1920x1080 for 640x480, el capitan has trouble booting to 1080p.
an important detail the HDMI 2.0 port works, but not with perfection, sometimes the image disappears and returns, is not serious, the PC will not crash, the ideal is to buy a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. I discovered this flaw in my Mac Pro Original and I managed to solve this way, the technique served to my hackintosh and sincerely wish to solve the problem at all. Thanks !:thumbup:

a small detail, this change will have to be done by copying the file config.plist for desktop and modifying with text editor, after modification return to the folder EFI.

<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>640x480</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>tonymacx86</string>

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you very much for your troubleshooting guide. It helps me a lot :) I truly appreciate your effort.

I have a small problem: I have successfully installed El Capitan on a Z68 gigabyte motherboard, without any big problem. I use a USB keyboard, and a USB mouse. They work fine.

However, I have a USB sound card, that is working well, but upon startup, it is not recognized. The sound icon is gray, there is no device in the system report.

But if I unplug, then re-plug the sound card, then it works fine: it is recognized in system report. Just until the next startup, and I have to re-plug it again.

Do you guy have some sort of same experience? Please help me to fix this annoying thing. Thank you very much.

Hello friends, anyone know what is this? :confused:
(asus x99 5820k gtx980ti)

image1.JPG

thank you

Hello friends, anyone know what is this? :confused:
(asus x99 5820k gtx980ti)

thank you

That's called a kernel panic. Hold in the power button 5 seconds and shut down.

I've had a partial success with my first build, specs:

CPU i7 4790k
GPU Radeon HD7750 (used Verde.kext)
MOBO ASUS Z97-P
WIFI Belkin N150 (used RTL8192CU install package for 10.8)

Audio not working...

I class it as a partial success since El Capitan actually works on the machine, my WiFi adapter works too, and I have been able to use it as my normal machine for a couple of days; however, I am unable to get it to boot El Capitan from the Hard Drive directly...

Clover is installed on a USB drive of which I require to be inserted into the PC in order to get a successful boot. When booting clover from the USB drive, I can then boot El Capitan from the HDD on the clover menu. This, however, is not the case when I install the Clover bootloader to the HDD.

As mentioned, I just want to make it clear that Clover works ​perfectly on the USB drive.
When doing the post-installs with Multibeast, I go to install Clover v2.3k R3320 UEFI Boot Mode, I begin to face problems. The install itself is successful and it will boot into Clover when booting from the HDD, however, when selecting El Capitan the Apple logo will appear and progress at normal speed to the half way mark, this is usually when the OS starts, but instead of starting the OS, it continues until the bar is full. Once full it'll just hang there and not boot into it. I have left it for over 90 minutes with no success.

In a nutshell:
  • Clover works on both USB and HDD
  • El Capitan boots from HDD using USB's Clover
  • El Capitan doesn't boot from HDD using HDD's Clover

Any thoughts? - I have also tried the Legacy Boot Mode variant with no success...

Thanks in advance...

--------------------------------------
EDIT
--------------------------------------

Being a noob, I forgot to install the FakeSMC.kext marked as 'absolutely mandatory' by Multibeast... My bad...

Last edited:
As I understand things the only known ways to fix "error allocating" errors is to try different usb ports, and switch between the 1, and 2 version of the OS X thing. Right?

When i try to boot with safe mode i get the following message:

System Policy: deny(1) file-write-unlink /PKInstallSandboxManager....... "

Anyone knows what this means or what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back