Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Freeze or hang on apple logo, progress bar, prohibited sign, or grey/white screen
If asking for help, boot in verbose mode (navigate to the entry you want to boot on the Clover menu, hit space bar, and select "Boot Mac OS X in verbose mode...") and add a photo of the screen where it hangs to your post.
I can boot into clover.
when i select external. the loading stuck wont move at all.
i tried nv_disable=0 no avail.
Bios : I disable vt-d , secure boot, enable ACHI.
I run with verbose mode :

clover error.jpg

is there specific combination of clover boot flag i need to type in ?

Thank you :)

-specs : Dell precission T1700 : Quadro k610 : I used yosemite on this machine. It should work with Capitan right :/

Hello! How can I fix this problem?
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
- - power management may be incomplete or unsupported

Help me please. I had my Birthday yesterday do me a little favor)
GA H87-HD3 socket 1150
GA GeForce GTX 690
Intel Core i7-4770K

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.1 KB · Views: 128
ReHabMan

My Broadwell MSI Cubi with Intel HD 5500 graphics a few pages ago. now it boots up fine. The only problem is the video mem is 14 mb. Can you point me in the right direction for fixing this issue. I saw some posts and videos on the net about modding the appelintelbdwgraphicsframebuffer file but that doesnt apply in el Cap. Then I saw another post about changing the bios with a fix DVMT-Prelloc. I dont know if thats possible with the MSI bios. Then I found one of your blogs about the same topics here.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/commits/master
Can you steer me a little in the right direction.

ReHabMan

My Broadwell MSI Cubi with Intel HD 5500 graphics a few pages ago. now it boots up fine. The only problem is the video mem is 14 mb. Can you point me in the right direction for fixing this issue. I saw some posts and videos on the net about modding the appelintelbdwgraphicsframebuffer file but that doesnt apply in el Cap. Then I saw another post about changing the bios with a fix DVMT-Prelloc. I dont know if thats possible with the MSI bios. Then I found one of your blogs about the same topics here.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/commits/master
Can you steer me a little in the right direction.

You need to inject a proper ig-platform-id. Not sure if there is a valid default with just config.plist/Inject/Intel=true.

I have no Broadwell hardware, but maybe 0x162b0002.

How did you do your full wipe? I can't erase or reformat the start up disk. I may have to go that route.

Hopefully a simple question: The instructions in the first post state:

Hang on P-State Stepper Error 18

Disable CPU EIST in BIOS
Another option for Sandy Bridge K systems: in BIOS set XMP Profile=1 and fix the CPU Speed to desired clock speed e.g. 40 (4 GHz) on all Stepper levels
Or try cpus=1 until you get through the install to generate a proper CPU SSDT or install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I am getting this hang on P-State Stepper Error 18 quite frequently on a reboot - sometimes it takes five or six retries before I finally get it to boot, then other times it will reboot fine two or three times in a row. So what I am wondering is if I try that NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (which I assume you use KextBeast to install, right?) would that be likely to fix the problem without making my system completely unbootable, or causing some issue once it's up and running? I guess I'm just wondering if this is an appropriate long-term solution that will not degrade system performance, since I'm not certain exactly what the kext does.

If I do try this, the KextBeast step 3 says:

3. Select the destination folder:
/Library/Extensions
/System/Library/Extensions

In a different part of the first post I saw that it said that NullCPUPowerManagement.kext should be installed to to /Library/Extensions, so I will assume that's also true in this situation unless someone tells me otherwise. I would appreciate any thoughts on whether this is the correct way to proceed. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 H67.

Anyone has issues with Audio intermittently playing? Its like disturbance in every sec. Need to change output to others and back to line in to resolve. Re-installed multiple times trying solve.

hi

How can i fix this when i am booting from clover apple logo is showing with progress bar stuck not moving

my system configuration is

MB: GA-Z170X-UD5

CPU: i7-6700 3.4Ghz

Graphics card : Geforce Gtx 750Ti

Hdd: segate 320gb

i have attached the image by booting mac os x in verbose mode.please kindly help with osx capitan install

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC0007.jpg
    DSC0007.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC0007_1.jpg
    DSC0007_1.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 94
how do I take a screenshot of my system in verbose mode if it's already frozen? A camera or a phone takes too much time to start up and release

also take a look at my post #309 (windowserver crash)

Attachments

• WindowServer_2015-12-23-142249_Hannos-Mac-Pro.crash.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 71
  • WindowServer_2015-12-20-232610_Hannos-Mac-Pro.crash.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 66
  • WindowServer_2015-12-20-195429_Hannos-Mac-Pro.crash.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back