Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

I have an MSI Cubi i5. Its one of those mini PCs about the size of a PS3 controller but box shaped. It has these specs

Intel Core i5-5200U (Broadwell, embedded)
Intel® HD Graphics 5500

But when I go to install El Capitan using the latest Clover or Unibeast with Clover, I get the attached screen error. Would love to dual boot this puppy with an extra harddrive. Any help would be appreciated fully.

Attachments

• IMG_6969.jpg
    IMG_6969.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 161
Hi guys

I have an MSI Cubi i5. Its one of those mini PCs about the size of a PS3 controller but box shaped. It has these specs

Intel Core i5-5200U (Broadwell, embedded)
Intel® HD Graphics 5500

But when I go to install El Capitan using the latest Clover or Unibeast with Clover, I get the attached screen error. Would love to dual boot this puppy with an extra harddrive. Any help would be appreciated fully.

Must be something wrong with your config.plist. AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB should not be loading for HD5500. It is for HD3000.

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem (it is kind of rare), but I installed and worked perfectly, and then when I restarted yesterday, it will get to the login screen (of Mac OSX) and then restart. I am assuming it was because of a kernel panic, but I can't see what it is.

I can use all sorts of commands (-x -f -v Etc...) but it either stalls at some random line, kernel panic, or gets to login screen and crashes... Trying several things right now.

Must be something wrong with your config.plist. AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB should not be loading for HD5500. It is for HD3000.

Thanks RehabMan

I did some poking around based on your reply and I got it to boot by substituting a config.plist from one of my working computers. I got El Cap installed. Now doing post install work/troubleshooting.

I also install on my second system and it works 100% all the time

GA-H55M-S2H * i3 530* 8gb mushkin 1600mhz * Sparkle GT430 * 60GB mushkin SSD

How did you get your i3 system boot to installation with keyboard and mouse?

Thanks

Hi,
I installed El Capitan 10.11.2 to Asus x500jk laptop. Everything is okey. But Boot option disappears after booting to Windows.Then I plug in USB and add the boot option again and It can boot. But it disappears again after log in to Windows. Trying to fix this.

And What is the meaning of the this:

"Confirm that you've installed Clover to the system drive and selected Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP"
?

thanks

Ps: sorry for bad english

Great list!:beachball::beachball::beachball:
for the prohibited sign "no entry sign" PCIRootUID=0 should fix
for Missing Bluetooth thing, as you can read from many threads, it's a Graphics issue, I considered the following:
1) Important note: while running on a MacOS i removed 3 bluetooth files from the Unibeast USB, and this is important if you faced Bluetooth missing thing.
2) "IMPORTANT" to bypass the bluetooth issue I removed the graphics card, then I installed el capitan having the onboard 4000 Graphics active, then I switched to the Nvidia
3) for boot flags, other than the Verbose "-v" I used
GraphicsEnabler=No
nv_disable=1
PCIRootUID=0
rootless=0
Good luck

I need help. I got El Capitan to Install and then I preceded to install multibeast. Everything was working except audio.

Now, I get this error when I am booting right from the Clover menu.

https://i.imgur.com/bb5gRjj.jpg

ok... got it all working again. Next problem I'm facing, is the graphics card.

I have a EVGA GTX970 SC and I can't seem to get the drivers working. I've installed the web-drivers, I reboot, and set the Nvidia driver-settings to the Webdrivers. When I reboot again, the system won't boot, or switches everything back to basic settings.

Another thing I'm noticing, is the random succes of the boot. Sometimes it boots, sometimes it crashes. Any idea on that? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back