Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't boot into the drive post installation without "cpus=1" on my Sandybridge. Thanks.

Set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelLapic=true.

I had problem with RAM memory, sometimes it wont boot if your ram is not in first slot!

** Update **

I have decided to erase and re-image, I suspect that the problem was caused by how I applied the Clover installer. I will attempt this again. Any advice on this next step is appreciated.

Lou

Older part ....

Please see ... http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/176938-htosh-gone.html :cry:

I am getting closer to having the H'Tosh back up and running but I have run into the following, I suspect
it has something to do with Kexts but I am not entirely certain...Gigabyte H97N with i7, no graphics but
intel 240 G SSD and 16G RAM.

I have included a screen shot. I used the latest Unibeast (6.1.1) and Clover (v2.3k r3320) [TR="class: file odd"]

with El Capitan but since there
was no Multibeast I used the work-around instructions.

Any ideas are appreciated,

Lou

WIN_20151116_19_19_10_Pro.jpg :beachball:

Last edited:
I can't see apple logo at all when I put NV disable. Clover just reboots when I add that boot flag
I also get the prohibited sign if I just boot normally.
I use gtx 460 and legacy boot through unibeast made USB.

Got gigabyte z68xp ud5 with uefi unofficial bios.. Maybe that's the issue?

I just spent the better part of two days tackling Clover/El Capitan on my Sabertooth X79/3930k Hackintosh. I consider myself an intermediate user, been hackintosh-ing for the past 4 years, and have built a number of systems. I'm currently running the latest version of Yosemite without any particular issues, in short, I felt I was prepared to tackle the transition to Clover.

To say that it's been an exercise in frustration would be putting it mildly. Despite following pretty much all of the various advice listed in this thread, I was unable to reach the El Capitan install screen. I tried everything, from Legacy Boot to UEFI Boot, re-built my USB thumb drive using the latest Unibeast several times. Tried all of the boot flags, and at no point did I feel like I was making any progress.

Many of the solutions outlined here simply didn't work for me, and booting in Safe Mode results in an instant crash. I believe my BIOS is set up correctly, and honestly if Clover is so finicky that the smallest deviation sends it haywire, I have to wonder if this is as good of a solution for systems like mine, and if not...could we please have a Chimera Unibeast for El Capitan?

I am open to any ideas, particularly from anyone who has managed to get El Capitan installed on a system build similar to mine.

Many thanks!

Hey,
I want to boot my El Capitan installer... But it stucks on the Apple Logo.
Here is a picture from the verbose mode..
Datei 21.11.15, 21 40 27.jpeg

Hey,
I want to boot my El Capitan installer... But it stucks on the Apple Logo.
Here is a picture from the verbose mode..

Please put your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model into the system configuration area on the left, and/or your signature. It's hard to give you good advice without having that information on hand on every post.

Then, search the first post for "row of plus".

If you have any more problems, please start a new thread.

I have added it to my Profile now @ammulder

P1000122.jpg
Hi I am a noob and trying to install my first hackintosh on Asus q400a laptop. Hopefully you can read the picture I posted of the verbose log I get when trying to boot off of clover usb. I get stuck at AMFILoadTru. Have tried a few different boot arg. I found around web and safe mode but nothing works. I followed the Unibeast installation method.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

edit: just read a couple posts up, I have 3632qm i7 processor 2.2-3.2Ghz, HD Graphics 4000, DDR3(L)-1600 Memory Controller, HyperThreading, AVX, Quick Sync, Virtualization, socket FCPGA988.

View attachment 163552
Hi I am a noob and trying to install my first hackintosh on Asus q400a laptop. Hopefully you can read the picture I posted of the verbose log I get when trying to boot off of clover usb. I get stuck at AMFILoadTru. Have tried a few different boot arg. I found around web and safe mode but nothing works. I followed the Unibeast installation method.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

edit: just read a couple posts up, I have 3632qm i7 processor 2.2-3.2Ghz, HD Graphics 4000, DDR3(L)-1600 Memory Controller, HyperThreading, AVX, Quick Sync, Virtualization, socket FCPGA988.

Please start a new thread in laptop support. Also make the small amount of effort to rotate
your picture upright so that it is readable. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back