Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a 650TI with the exact same results.
No joy.

I must have fixed this problem at some point in the past, because the same config runs yosemite just fine. Wish I could remember what I did :(.

Will post here if I find/recall a solution.

I am having an issue with a Geforce gt 740 graphics card where i can see the entire boot process and then i get no signal (but the computer is on because i can remote into it). I did a upgrade install from Yosemite. It was working perfectly on Yosemite. I have tried installing the nvidia web drivers over and over and rebooting but it doesn't help. i also have nvda_drv=1 set. any suggestions? thank you.

edit: i noticed that it says i have 0mb memory. could this have something to do with it?

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.56.00 AM.png

UPDATE (SOLVED): just found this suggestion of removing inject nvidia form the config.plist over on this thread and i tried and it worked. http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...740-not-recognized-10-10-3-a.html#post1023283

For me something is not working with Unibeast 6. My hack runs fine and I've upgraded to El Capitan directly from AppStore without any problems since I was already using Clover from a long time ago. But I've downloaded Unibeast 6 because I wanted to use it for creating a USB stick for installing El Capitan on a HP laptop. I've used the same USB Drive that I've used before for installing Lion, Mountain Lion an even Yosemite. It's an 8gb SanDisk drive. I've received the famous error "cannot copy files..." that some other users were receiving here, and someone pointed that some drives after the format have less than 7.5gb and that causes the problem, but my drive has 7.65. Tried on all USB ports, all of them USB 2.0. Finally, I give up and buyed a 16gb Verbatim USB drive. But to my surprise, I'm still getting the same error!

El Capitan was downloaded directly from AppStore, and I'm a power user so I know what I'm doing, and obviously I've formated the drive properly. I think that there is some kind of problem when you run this from El Capitan itself instead of running it from Yosemite.

Now I'm making the whole process to create a USB installer with Clover manually...

i just install,el capitan everything works but audio. i have apple kboard/usb and trackpad. usb mouse .the only thing i don't like about clover its that you have to press enter when boot to get to desktop. unlike multibeast. but its working flawless. hope to find fix for audio. BTW mb gigabite DSDT-GA-Z68XP-UD3 with F10 bios. EVGA GeForce 9400 GT 1024 MB. memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

i just install,el capitan everything works but audio. i have apple kboard/usb and trackpad. usb mouse .the only thing i don't like about clover its that you have to press enter when boot to get to desktop. unlike multibeast. but its working flawless. hope to find fix for audio. BTW mb gigabite DSDT-GA-Z68XP-UD3 with F10 bios. EVGA GeForce 9400 GT 1024 MB. memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

You can set your default boot drive and then set the timeout to something low, say 1-2 seconds and it will auto select and boot your chosen drive for you.. No enter

See here http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html for audio fixes

I keep getting Mac OS version not set then system up time in nanoseconds, tried many different boot flags and still happens, but if i reinstall clover it works on 1st boot with everything 100% but if i reboot same error so i reinstall clover before every boot and i´m ok. my system is.

z68x-ud3h-b3 * i5 2500k * 16gb mushkin 1600mhz * Geforce GTX 460 786mb * 60GB mushkin SSD f12 bios

I cannot seem to find a solution....

I also install on my second system and it works 100% all the time

GA-H55M-S2H * i3 530* 8gb mushkin 1600mhz * Sparkle GT430 * 60GB mushkin SSD

anyone got any ideals???

Hey Guys just found something interesting, after :banghead: and many many hours, I connected the desktop replicator to my Dell 6410 Arrandale 1st generation i5 Laptop and managed to get past the white no-entry sign to successfully install El Capitan by connecting the install USB to the replicator, looks like I was losing my USB ports during install when plugged into the Laptop ports. This Laptop was successfully running Yosemite thanks to OXSLatitude, and now thanks to Tony I have El Capitan on my Dell 6410 running really well with Clover. Maybe the replicator has a direct connection to the motherboard that Apple can't disable with their new software !!! and spoil my fun. I have also heard that many Apple Mackintosh systems are having USB issues with El Capitan :lol: so stick with your Hackintosh :D

Hi,

Got El Capitan install on my Dell XPS 8300 system. Still some tweaking to do however I thought I would mention that when I booted from system disk I got the dreaded boot0af error.

This is a non uEFI system so uses a legacy Clover install. This means that the Clover suff resides in a folder on the root disk. Checking the Clover install log I see that boot1h is installed on the correct disk slice (e.g. /dev/disk1s2), however system does not boot.

This got me thinking that maybe the boot flag is on the wrong slice. So I booted from another bootable disk on the system and then unmounted the "El Capitan" disk and changed the boot flag to slice 2 of the disk using fdisk (on my system the El Capitan is on disk0 when I am booted from my Yosemite disk).

sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
f 2
w
q

(those are the commands I ran f, sets the flag and 2 is the slice chosen, w is write, q is quit.)

I then rebooted, making sure any other Clover boot media was removed, and booted from the "El Capitan" install.

This time it worked, and also read the settings in the Clover config.plist

Just thought I would share in case this helps any others having little problem with a legacy (non uEFI) install.

-- Kawayuppie

Last edited:
Hi
I uploaded from Yosemite (using Chameleon) to El Capitan (now using Clover) on my Hackintosh with Unibeast (UEFI and "Nvidia" GraphicsEnable=Yes) and everything looked OK. Then I decided to take Apps and Docs from my Time Machine during the setup. I installed all the post-installation tools (UEFI Mode and Customac essentials) and then I choose my system definition (iMac 27). After that I decided to reset my computer and check that everything goes OK. Now, I can't boot OS X from El Capitan (my partition). When I hit return, after the Apple logo appears, my system resets suddenly and gets back to the Clover Boot screen. I have tried to boot using -x and -v. The only thing I get is the "Service exited with abnormal code: 255" when I boot the OS X install from "My partition" and from my "USB", and a kernel panic when I boot El Capitan from my system.
IMG_3791.jpg
I have tried everything, but I am not able to boot from my partition and even from the USB. What can I do? It's there any way to erase the partition and then to make a clean install?
Before you guys ask, I have Optimized Defaults, VT-d disable, security mode disable and Other OS on my Bios Settings. I also have the Extra folder from Chameleon on my OS partition.

Can anyone help me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back