Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might catch hell for this... After looking at that grotesque list of problems and solutions, and after wrestling on-and-off with my Sandy Bridge hack for the last four years, I think the time may have come for me to call it quits and just get a legitimate Apple machine. The main reason I got into this was to save money, like many people; but I'm starting to think the number of hours I spend trying to get this thing to run smoothly aren't worth it any more.

I have owned Apple machines before, and I know that they have their own issues, even with software, from time to time. But at least EVERY software feature works most of the time. I still haven't been able to get everything working on the hack, even after going through multiple guides posted here. (Which I appreciate everybody who has worked on this, even if the legality of it all is a gray area.)

So I'm going to ride with my Hack and Yosemite off into the sunset until I get the money saved up. Worth the extra few months of saving. Best of luck everybody.

Not sure if you want to add this to the list.. but it caused me a LARGE headache..

You can't install El Captain on a Gigabyte H61N-USB3 unless you disable USB 3.0. Apple removed support for the Fresco FL1009 CHIP (used only for the two back USB3.0 ports on the H61N-USB3) in 10.11.

Thanks, added.

And to the person who posted the big red circle-and-slash: that's the "prohibited sign" in post #1.

All: for new problem reports, please create a new thread instead of adding on to this one.

@XavierNeko:

Try adding these flags:
nv_disable=1
GraphicsEnabler=No

Hello,

I Have a Multibooot with Os X 11.1 , Win10 Pro and Cubuntu 15.10. (Bootloader Clover last version)

I have a croosfire AMD HD7770 ...

I can boot Win, Cubuntu... Not Os X ( boot "allocate memory...")

If i have only a card video, i can boot El capitan...

What's the problem?

Hey,

Does anyone use IOGear GBU521 bluetooth dongle + apple keyboard & mouse with El Capitan? I have the problem that sometimes after startup if I take off mouse from table it resets cursor to left top corner of screen. Also it has crazy scrolling. Keyboard works well. It fixes if pull out dongle from usb and put it back again. But it's really annoying operation.

Thanks.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all contributers who made the El Capitan Install Guide and this Big List happen.
I finally got my hackintosh up and running yesterday! Still no iMessage and Sleep isn't working as well (reboots when waking from sleep) but i'll figure it out :)

Great work tonymac community <3

Crappy graphics performance in Chrome

Installation was smooth on my 660GTX, but was stuck with reboots for a long time.
Some how found myself in the desktop (didn't take not on the boot flags)...
After installing nvidia web drivers... performance was still terrible!
Not only in Chrome, but the system lagged. Even the screen savers were laggy like a slideshow.
Moving between desktops, and app switcher,etc.
Everything was slower. Rendering 1080p video files in Davinci Resolve 12 lost half the frames I was getting on Yosemite. (use to average 24-40fps in export, in El Capitan it went down to 8-17fps in exporting a 1080p clips).
I also verified that I was loosing half the graphics performance in Cinebench. Capitan=30fps; Yosemite=58fps

1) I literally lost 50% of performance.
2) Sleep wasn't working well, occasionally would wake on its own...
3) Lost 2 of the USB3.0 Ports in the back of my motherboard + both of the USB2.0 Ports were gone too... Strangely, both of the USB3.0x2 + 2.0x2 that are in the front of my case FD R4 worked well.

So I am back to Yosemite, and the difference is NIGHT and DAY!
I'll wait for 10.11.01 or multibeast 8...
Tonymacx86 always appreciate your hard work, keep it up!

So I'm going to ride with my Hack and Yosemite off into the sunset until I get the money saved up. Worth the extra few months of saving. Best of luck everybody.

Can't agree with you more. I've gotten really tired of having to install el capitan with little to no success :banghead:. So, my machine will keep running on Yosemite on 1 SSD and in the other SSD will be Windows 10. Surprisingly, Windows 10 was a cinch installing with all the drivers for my build automatically loaded. I'm just waiting for Apple to release either the new macbook air or new mac mini and then buy one because I can't run xcode or swift on a windows machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back