Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm having an issue trying to boot into the installer, I have a fully working Yosemite install with clover as a boot loader.

So far i've tried a lot of stuff with no success, first I wanted to do an direct upgrade from the El capital app, so I updated clover, installed the app and on reboot when I choose boot into el capital installer it won't boot, after removing kexts, adding kexts, with or without fakesmc, different flags, etc I gave up and prepared a usb installer.
The installer can boot into yosemite just fine and finds both the install partition on the usb itself and the one in the ssd, but it won't boot into any of them, whichever I choose all usb power goes down and it freezes, I tried different ports and xhci modes, uefi and non uefi boot, different osxaptio and can not find which setting works, they ALL work for the already installed Yosemite but none can get into any of the el capital installers...

My mobo is a Sabertooth Z77, i7 3770k, gtx 650ti

this is what i get on verbose mode: (sorry for the file size)
View attachment 154268

hai i had he same on my SZ77R5 shuttle with 3770 I7

did you put nullcpupowermanagement kext in Clover/kext/10.11 ? also Fakesmc must be in there

good luck

For people who are stuck with spinning beachball instead of Installation:

If you had copied updated FakeSMC.kext to /S/L/E or L/E , run cache rebuild before starting upgrade

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kextcache -system-caches

or add this to config.plist

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>NoCaches</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Do not forget to remove NoCache after upgrade is done otherwise startups will be slooooow.

-SimDim

Please don't quote that entire giant thing.

And please put your specific motherboard model into the system information area on the left. It's really hard to give you good advice otherwise.

And please start a new thread for troubleshooting. :)

Hello, guys!

I am having big problem with sleep mode. My hack goes to sleep and wake up immediately all the time when I press the sleep button. Power management kext from Yosemite and boot flags do not work. Any ideas how to fix it? I attached my config.
View attachment config-generate.plist Thank you!

Here are my 3 problems I had upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan and how I solved them.
Hardware: i7 4770K, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H, Nvidia GTX 970

Problem 1
A "no entry" icon when booting from USB installer and "Still waiting for root device" message

Solution:
The USB3 stick was the problem. Using an USB2 stick solved the problem (and I figured that out after 3 hours of trying other things...)

Problem 2:
Boot loop after installation went through and did the first reboot

Solution:
I had to disconnect power from the Nvidia GPU, switch to internal graphics in BIOS. OSX boots up, then install updated Nvidia drivers for El Capitan. Switch back to Nvidia and it boots fine.

Problem 3:
USB3 not working

Solution:
I installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext - search for "RehabMan-FakePCIID" on Google

That was the hardest upgrade I ever experienced!

Thanks QXC, I've added the first two to the list. As for the third, I'm reluctant to start providing USB solutions here because it seems so specific to the motherboard and there are other threads for that. But it's great to hear your formula for success in any case!

i managed to get mac book.

so will be downloading and creating unibeast from it and will post results.
Earlier i was getting error of extracting essentials.pkg error in both EL CAPITAN and YOSEMITE.
Lets hope for the best.

My Config is

Mobo - ASUS Z-97A
CPU - i7 4790k
Ram - Corsair vengeance 8GB(4GBx2)
PSU - Corsair RM850
Gpu - 760GTX

I am using UEFI in Clover Setting while creating unibeast.

MOBO Bois Setting
Restored To Default
And Set os to Other OS.

Without and problem i boot into USB and get to installer.
But when it is installing i get error
(unable to extract essentials.pkg)

Please guide is anything i am doing wrong.
Thanks Team

got error of essentials.pkg fixed.

borrowed mac book from my friend and made uni beast from it
viola it work and i followed the post installation guide.

m happy

thanks a million

who all made it possible and thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back