Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm receiving the "Prohibited" sign when attempting to boot into the El Capitan installer. It doesn't seem like the cause of my issue is the same as what is listed.

I'm running the following successfully in 10.9 using Chimera:
i7-4770k
Gigabyte z87x-ud3h
NVidia GTX 650TI BOOST
16GB RAM (2x8GB)
Seiki 39" 4k TV (used as a monitor, but only has HDMI inputs)

I've tried multiple combinations of the following boot flags:
safe mode
npci=0x2000
rootless=0
cpus=1
nv_disable=1
disabled or enabled the intel gfx injector (with IGFX enabled or disabled in BIOS)
disabled or enabled the nvidia injector
etc

I've tried installing and customizing the Clover EFI partition on the USB stick (changes to config.plist, kexts, etc), but no luck (I've since wiped the USB and started over with a clean version of the Unibeast 6 install).

I've tried booting with everything unplugged except: keyboard, USB thumbdrive (with the Unibeast installer/clover on it), ethernet, and monitor. I've tried booting with all of my peripherals connected. No change.

When booting normally, the boot eventually stops at the prohibited sign. When booting verbose, the prohibited sign appears and most of the text on the screen becomes garbled. At this point, I suspect there's a graphics card incompatibility. Does anyone have a working El Capitan system with a 650TI BOOST? or any nvidia card with a Kepler chip? If so, how were you able to get the system to fully boot?

Appreciate any help. Already have spent days trying to figure this out. I hope I won't need to buy another video card..

Hey im trying to install el Capitan on a laptop with the nvidia GeForce 8400gs I think( I have gotten OS X installed previously on the machine with graphicsenabler=yes) and I get the exact same thing same screen it says the Bluetooth transport thing at the end and then stop sign with text garbled so not sure what the problem is

ammulder, i've tried booting from the integrated graphics, but that's a whole different can of worms (basically it didn't work). suffice to say, i re-installed the nvidia card, reset the cmos, and went back to having IGFX disabled. Also, if I'm not able to boot into the usb drive successfully, I don't want to hose my currently working 10.9 installation. I'm guessing that if I can't figure out Clover graphics issues with the usb drive, I won't be able to figure them out when trying to boot from an ssd.

RE: Audio not working after sleep/wake
I have a fresh install and have no DSDT. Is there a step by step to do this correctly? I have just got the system back to life as direct upgrade would crash or crash after migrating apps and settings.

** Panic Report ***panic(cpu 6 caller 0xffffff800abcdeca): "PHYSMAP_PTOV bounds exceeded, 0xffffff3d90410000, 0xfffffebe00000000, 0xfffffefe00000000"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/osfmk/i386/pmap.h:463.

Migrated apps without settings produced viable system. Everything is perfect besides audio wake up. Thank you tonymacx86 team.

All, let's take some of these problems to new threads. I'm having trouble keeping things straight when it's different people and issues mixed up here. Thanks!

That said:

Successful installation should be posted in the Guides thread

For all those who have successfully installed/upgraded to El Capitan, please post your guides in the "El Capitan Guides" thread so the rest of us who have spent hours or days working on the install can learn from your process.

After successful installation with a GPT formatted Unibeast USB, I get boot0af error when I try to boot from the SSD I installed El Capitan on.

I have read about boot0af error when trying to boot from the Unibeast USB, but that is not my problem. I get the boot0af error when I try to boot from the SSD with the finished installation on it.

Now I am able to boot into my SSD install by booting from the Unibeast USB, but maybe somebody has found a fix for this particular boot0af problem.

I have a legacy BIOS board by the way, so of course I installed with 'legacy clover'.

Last edited:
i managed to get mac book.

so will be downloading and creating unibeast from it and will post results.
Earlier i was getting error of extracting essentials.pkg error in both EL CAPITAN and YOSEMITE.
Lets hope for the best.

My Config is

Mobo - ASUS Z-97A
CPU - i7 4790k
Ram - Corsair vengeance 8GB(4GBx2)
PSU - Corsair RM850
Gpu - 760GTX

I am using UEFI in Clover Setting while creating unibeast.

MOBO Bois Setting
Restored To Default
And Set os to Other OS.

Without and problem i boot into USB and get to installer.
But when it is installing i get error
(unable to extract essentials.pkg)

Please guide is anything i am doing wrong.
Thanks Team

Great! Since el capitan official release I was unable to boot via usb or do a direct update until today when I came across your post. I was able to solve more than two consecutive problems with the help of your guide. Thanks a lot!:thumbup: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back