Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't read from essentials.pkg

So I managed to get to the OSX installer part and then this screen greets me...

It basically says "An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg"...

I restarted my computer again and again but the screen keeps returning. I also re-did an el capitan clover usb bootloader and the same error message comes up. What now?

Attachments

• elcapitan.jpg
    elcapitan.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 162

It basically says "An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg"...

I restarted my computer again and again but the screen keeps returning. I also re-did an el capitan clover usb bootloader and the same error message comes up. What now?

Are you using an 8GB USB drive?

Nope. I'm using a 16 gb USB 2.0 drive with only 1 partition.

Did you move the app before you went to use unibeast? even if you didn't try re-downloading it from the app store and try running again. Also try a different USB if you can. Best of luck.

Having same issue buddy

still no solution found :(

I had installed system to ssd, and sometimes it is booting fine - but other times I get prohibitory sign right after I choose boot from ssd option. And whether I get this sign or not seems to be completely random...
So my "workaround" is this: whenever the sign is showed, just hard-reset the computer (cause keyboard is not responsive at this moment), cross you fingers and hope that next time it will load fine. In 40% of the cases it does, though. Not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Asus P8Z77-V lx
i5 3570k
GTX 670

I have managed to get El Capitan booting via Clover USB, however, there is no clover menu. It goes straight to the Apple logo and boots. I also installed post-installation tools and clover etc. to my hard disk and copied USB clover files over to my hard disk EFI partition.

For some reason, attempting to boot without USB brings me to the motherboard interface and only has the option to boot "Mac OS X," which also just brings me back to the motherboard interface. Why does my mobo not recognize the EFI partition? It is set to "UEFI devices only" and "prioritize EFI" boot options. And why does my USB boot directly into El Capitan without showing me the Clover bootloader?

EDIT: I also set the HDD as the default drive in boot options via Clover config to no avail.

Having same issue buddy

still no solution found :(

This used to happen to me on Yosemite with Chimera. My solution was to try and try again with different boot flags, or even no boot flags. It would randomly work around 1/5th of the time.

Hazelfoot:

I have the same mobo and CPU. Followed the guide exactly and had no trouble before I tried to install or uininstall some kexts and customize the SMBIOS. My advice would be to not do this. :D Is your mobo's BIOS/UEFI updated?

Reinstalled everything and now everything works quite fine. Audio still gives me static unless I run the Voodoo HDA app at login. The microphone still captures mostly static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back