Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
fixed it with running terminal and booting from recovery than copying all the files from the Usb EFI partition to the internal disk EFI partiton using the dd if command now my pc is working but stuck with the vga flickering and cant fix even if i installed the nvidia web driver

VGA? Why aren't you using DVI-DL-D or DVD-DL-A or HDMI or DP?

I keep getting stuck on this screen when trying to do a fresh install. I followed the instructions on creating a USB with clover and El Capitan. No matter what I do, after the apple logo gets to about 3/4 of the way loading, it gives me this screen. Help please

image.jpeg
I had a semi working setup and was mucking around in the bios to try and overclock, I've now got this message which I can't get past. What bios setting could possibly effect it?

I keep getting stuck on this screen when trying to do a fresh install. I followed the instructions on creating a USB with clover and El Capitan. No matter what I do, after the apple logo gets to about 3/4 of the way loading, it gives me this screen.

Obviously it's a video problem. First thing to do is to try another monitor. Or at least trying a different interface, DL-DVI-I or DL-DVI-D, provided your monitor has multi inputs.

Next thing to try is a different MAC ID. Hopefully those familiar with the Broadwell-E will chime in.

View attachment 206043 I had a semi working setup and was mucking around in the bios to try and overclock, I've now got this message which I can't get past.

Can you get into the BIOS okay? If so, re-set the BIOS to Default, reboot, re-set the usual settings for OSX: Set to off: Speed Step, VT-d, C-States, Serial Port, etc.

Hopefully you didn't O'C the memory bus and blow out a RAM chip. Download MemTest86 for mac/linux and run it for a few hours, or 24 hours.

Can you get into the BIOS okay? If so, re-set the BIOS to Default, reboot, re-set the usual settings for OSX: Set to off: Speed Step, VT-d, C-States, Serial Port, etc.

Hopefully you didn't O'C the memory bus and blow out a RAM chip. Download MemTest86 for mac/linux and run it for a few hours, or 24 hours.

So I reset the bios and tried multiple settings, wouldn't boot. I ended up downloading the latest bios from gigabyte , changed what I thought to be the exact same settings... Bam booted up first time ! NFI what I did but I'm going to try and back up my bios on a USB stick.

So anyone with a Gigabyte X99P-SLI download bios F23, it gives users a few extra menu configs as well

View attachment 206043 I had a semi working setup and was mucking around in the bios to try and overclock, I've now got this message which I can't get past. What bios setting could possibly effect it?
I had the same problem be4. had to change config.plist CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

Not sure what that does, will look into it :) thanks for tip

If I should disable standby by running at terminal:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
What would I enter to reestablish standby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back