Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got into the same problem as you in my hp750-170se. 16gb ram, 6700k 4.0ghz. Thimphu mobo chip z170.

Wish for the solution. I already try everything in the forum

Hi, I have a problem with the installation of mac os x el capitan, me this error appears:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System / Library / CoreServices / boot.efi
Using relic bloc: no, hibernate wake: no
This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
Reason: Mac-65CE76090165799A

Here's my setup:
-Asrock H170 Pro4
-i5 6500
-GTX 750 Ti
-4x4GB Corsair LPX DDR4 2133MHZ

Please help me
sad.png

I just can not get into the first step to install os x on my ssd

Are you sure you downloaded the latest version of El Capitan?

Thank you for this tutorial. Very "idiot proof".
As usual this is the simplest tutorial on the internet, and the most efficient one. I was able to install 2 computers using this method, with any problems.

However I am unable to install it on my personal computer (specs in the description).
I am getting stuck at step 4.8. after the installation is complete and my computer tries to reboot. At this stage, clover boots normally from the USB stick, and from here I am trying to open the newly installed El Capitan (the second drive from the clover interface). Here is where the problems starts.

In verbose mode I reach the following line:
[IOBluetoothFamily][start] -- completed
**GPU Hardware VM is enabled (multispace: enabled, page table updated with DMA: enabled, non-contiguous VRAM)

then my screen just turn to static.
After a while the screen is turning black with a small spinner at the bottom. Then back to static.
I tried many things from this site (using clover configurator, or creating a bootable USB with Clover_v2.3k_r3556). And at a certain point I just got lost.

Can someone help me to set the correct flags/drivers to the clover configurator? Or maybe there is a simple solution and I just can't find it.

P.S. i am including the file with my complete system information (exported from windows 10).

Attachments

• IMG_20160610_171007.jpg
    IMG_20160610_171007.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 152
  • mypc.txt
    493.4 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Hi I have El Captian installed on My dell laptop

I also have windows 10 installed on the same hard disk..

1tb hdd
500gb- EL CAPTIAN
500gb- WIndows 10

I want a option when i turn on my laptop to choose what operating system to boot from. I have to change my bios settings to switch too different Operating systems. Is their any easier way>>

Just wanted to "shout out" a big Thank You for the tip on clearing the kernel caches. My problem was that I could not get the nVidia WebDriver to switch from the OS X video driver. Clearing the Kernel Cache did the trick. Again, Thank You.

When I tried editing the Clover boot option of nv_drv=1 the screen went black but hitting any key made a sound, which means that Clover was trying to default to the nVidia driver but since OSX was locked into the OSX video driver the end result was that the screen went black.

Last edited:
Arrgh, just spent two nights trying to fix an `abnormal code: 255` before coming back to this thread and realizing the answer was right at the top.

I was picking my USB boot disk from Clover instead of the BIOS menu.

Ahh, I didn't have XHCI Handoff enabled in the BIOS, which (I think) was screwing up my wireless adapter.

Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong spot - I'm new to this. (It's my first computer build of any kind.)

Thanks in advance for any help you may give. :)

I'm seeing the white apple and an empty progress bar. Uploading a screenshot of verbose mode output... View attachment 197898

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
Processor: Intel i3-6320 (No additional graphics card)
Using a separate wireless adaptre (the one on the motherboard doesn't work with hackintosh builds, apparently): TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCI Express Dual Band Adapter

Possibly weird things I noticed:
* I'm using a built-in USB port on the motherboard, and they're all labeled USB 3. The front ports in the case are unlabeled. I tried them and got the same result with the Apple logo, but didn't try them in verbose mode.
* Although it looked like my USB drive was single-partition in Disk Utility, my Disk Utility GUi didn't match the one in the examples, so I'm not 1000% sure. When I went to boot the hackintosh, my drive had two partitions. Is that a deliberate thing Unibeast does, or a sign of a problem?

Hi,

I'm working on my hackintosh for a couple of months now. But i always had a problem with starting up, sometimes when i boot to OS X it crashes halfway and my computer restarts. Then when i boot again i get the "your mac was shut down due to an error" message. I posted the crash report below. Anyone familiar with this problem?

Kota.

Attachments

• crash report.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back