Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehab man helped me out with my usb problem on my laptop. I upgraded from 10.10 to 10.11 and when I was about to boot to el Capitan it kernel panicked and the problem was a kext called appleusbuhci.kext
inside of iousbfamily.kext under plugins I deleted it and rebuilt cache and kernel panic is fixed but for some reason the bottom 2 usb 2.0 ports don't work only the top 2.

Not sure if this can help anybody but it may fix your problem if you see that kext in your kernel panic

Thanks for the input. For some reason my BIOS was on Legacy and UEFI. With just UEFI I am able to get to the boot loader no problem.

If you install RazerSynapse and restart, your Mackintosh may start to KP on start, like mine did. I got through it by using the USB Installer and boot flags "-f -v". Though I suppose you don't have to use the USB Installer at all.

I someone in authority could review the first post here? I think I have some language issues... Thanks.

What was the last part you were editing? I've checked and approved post#1

Did you do an upgrade, or a new install? Currently struggling to figure out why my El Cap disk doesn't show up in Clover with my P55M-UD2.

I was able to install and boot El Capitan GM candidate in a GA-P55M-UD2 system and solve the USB 2.0 ports (no USB devices recognized due to port count restrictions) and built-in sound issues with the assistance of Rehabman and Toleda. Look for the threads that I created to see the solutions. The only unresolved item is the kext support for a USB 3 PCIe expansion card using a NEC/Renesas chipset. To sort this out quickly, I already ordered a new card which is natively supported by 10.11 (Intel / FL1100 chipset) and will sell the other one.

System reboots when booting unless I use nv_disable=1
I have already installed the alternative drivers to no avail.

Also someone point me to a good Clover guide as we have to use this now.
None of the ones I see give details on how to use the config app.
I get confused with which config file it should be editing.

If you're booting from your system drive, the config.plist it will use is EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. If it's a UEFI install, that will be the one on the EFI partition of your system drive. If it's a Legacy install, I think it's actually on your system drive somewhere but I'm not clear on where.

If you're booting from a USB stick, it would be the same location, except on the EFI partition on the USB stick for UEFI or for Legacy on the USB stick itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back