Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual Monitors but only one works at startup
Seen with Nvidia card, powering monitor off and on again or unplugging and replugging resuscitates it
No solution yet

I had this problem, and I read somewhere that if I change in the SMBios to iMac14,2, the problem finishes.
It worked for me.
Fab

Great collection of advice.
I can add another solution to being stuck at "PCI Configuration Begin". Adding "FixDarwin" in the ACPI-Section fixed it for me.
I now have natively working USB3 (Etron EJ168).

Only kext I need are "FakeSMC" and "RealtekRTL8111" and of course toleda's "audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0n10.command".
I have attached my clover config.plist for full reference.

It should be noted that I am still on AWARD BIOS F12 on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 227
For a week I'm getting several WindowServer crashes a day, which results in a forced logout. I use the Nvidia Web drivers for my GTX 770.

I've attached a few windowserver crash reports

Also I was told previously that I should try to disable SIP using the terminal on the recovery HD, which I did. However I was unable to change anything with the "csrutil disable" command:
before: after:

Attachments

• WindowServer_2015-12-23-142249_Hannos-Mac-Pro.crash.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 66
  • WindowServer_2015-12-20-232610_Hannos-Mac-Pro.crash.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 56
  • WindowServer_2015-12-20-195429_Hannos-Mac-Pro.crash.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 64
  • WindowServer_2015-12-17-161053_Hannos-Mac-Pro.crash.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
My system reboots very often.
I know, that I should add a screenshot in verbose mode but the reboot happens so quickly that I'm unable to react and take a screenshot also sometimes the OS freezes without displaying any text overlay.

Dual Monitors but only one works at startup

Not sure if this works for nVidia, but for my HD7950 I can get all ports working at start-up ONLY if I have IGPU enabled in the BIOS and set to default boot.

:thumbup:

Concerning this problem on boot:
Clover doesn't boot, system boots to blue and grey Boot Maintenance Manager

This happens also, if you have a USB stick that supports usb 3.0.
Apparently it detects this as a usb 3.0 port, and it doesn't matter if you use a 2.0 port.
The memorystick used was a Kingston DataTraveler 100G3 16Gb 3.0 usb

I think Monitor overclocking is not working correctly in El Capitan. I have patched IOKit. But can't get higher refresh rates to active in switchresx.

UGH i've fallen victim to the Grey spinning:

Upgrading directly with clover from Yosemite. I have double checked my SIP, Tried every variation of placing fakesmc.kext in Other/10.10/10.11 . I've tried to run nv_disable=1 but I have an thing in Clover where if I press shift - then I get a huge string of ____, So i used clover configurator to check the boot args nv_disable=1 and -v but the verbose mode won't even boot up. I have a feeling this method did not work. Looking or where to go from here D:"

Picture of manually entering -v into clover

Attachments

• File_000 (2).jpg
    File_000 (2).jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back